Starting 23 March!

tiffanimski

Good Morning all!

I plan on starting the Whole30 next week Monday -- Any advice for the newbies!?  

I have kind of been focusing on less grains since Jan so luckily I have cut back significantly on those... but my biggest downfall is committing to something for a long period of time.. LOL I am usually "over it" after week one or two.

What spices do you all use on your foods..?

Good afternoon to you :)

I know what you mean about committing over a long period of time.  I am using "100 days of Weight Loss,"  a book by Linda Spangle and an app called "Don't Break the Chain."  The book has daily exercises to write and think about and the app is for crossing days off as I complete them.  There is an automated "atta girl" message for each day.  I need virtual back slapping and daily reminders of why I am doing this.  What works for me may not necessarily work for you of course and I should point out that this is early days for me (day 4) but I am feeling pretty optimistic.  

As for spices: I like things pretty hot so use whole Jalapenos in my omelettes, spicy rubs on my meat (cayenne, chilli, paprika etc but not all at once necessarily) and I am a big Tobasco sauce fan which is whole30 compliant.

• Administrators

Good Morning all!

I plan on starting the Whole30 next week Monday -- Any advice for the newbies!?  

I have kind of been focusing on less grains since Jan so luckily I have cut back significantly on those... but my biggest downfall is committing to something for a long period of time.. LOL I am usually "over it" after week one or two.

What spices do you all use on your foods..?

My best advice for new folks is to follow the meal template.  Try to make all of your meals fit the template because this will ensure the quickest fat adaptation, removal of cravings, balance of hormones and blood sugar.  Once you are a couple weeks in, providing that you are sticking pretty close to both the rules and the spirit of the program, you could find that there's nothing to be "over" because it may just feel like.....regular life.  :)

Archived