whole 30 daily any newbys?

CarolBuchwald

I started whole 30 on March 16 and signed up for the whole30 daily email. I'm only on day 6 but I have to say -already-I am finding them tremendously helpful! I have been almost a cliche' in that the whole30 timeline is describing me exactly each day. The daily email seems to be exactly what I need to hear and know each day. It has extra links for more info, recipes, tips, etc. Also, at the end of each day, you have to select a link saying that you stayed on track that day or the link stating you didn't and HAVE TO START OVER ON DAY 1 the next day. Just thinking about having to click THAT button has kept me faithful and honest!! Then when you click the "I did it" you get a fun video reward! I can't say enough about it! If anyone is about to start whole30 I would strongly suggest they subscribe to the whole30 daily! It is well worth the 50 cents a day!

I'm on Day 6 today as well and am finding it tough. I broke down in tears at tea time because I didn't want to eat another salad! I think part of my problem is I really hurt my knee and normally I would use food to make me feel better, but I can't do that any more.

• Administrators

I'm on Day 6 today as well and am finding it tough. I broke down in tears at tea time because I didn't want to eat another salad! I think part of my problem is I really hurt my knee and normally I would use food to make me feel better, but I can't do that any more.

Umm....for fear of stating the obvious, stop eating salad? The Whole30 is not a diet and does not require salads. In fact we often will advise folks that salad is not filling enough unless you're eating a mixing bowl full. And raw veggies can sometimes be hard on your stomach. Not to say that this is you, neccessarily, just that there is definitely no requirement to eat salads at all if you don't want to. :)

I understand how you are feeling! My moods have been a roller coaster this whole week due to detox, withdrawal and plain anxiety over not having my usual comfort foods. Every night I feel kinda panicky and let down over no dessert. I am determibed not to give in to temptation though. I keep looking forward to having Tiger Blood energy in less than 10 days! If I give in I will be disappointed in myself ( after the fleeting pleasure of whatever non-compliant food beat me) and then I either have to go back to day 1 or I give up and continue to feel bad. I hope you are going to stick with it! I am sure we will start to feeling much better in a day or two!

Archived