Brain Fog!

littlebird1227

Is it normal to suffer from a little brain fog towards the beginning of Whole30? I've had a couple incidents of doing idiotic things the past couple days that is NOT normal!

Example: Driving my parents car while ours is in the shop. So me miss girl prepared makes sure I know how to open the gas tank and which side it is on before heading to fill up because I wouldn't want to embarrass myself with these things. Well, it was all wasted energy because I pulled up got out knowing exactly what I was doing until I couldn't get the gas hose in the tank. I looked and looked trying to figure out what I was missing. Did I not open the gas tank correctly? I finally had to ask a man at the pump next to me for help. He walked over looked and said "Is that the diesel pump?". At that point I wished the earth would've opened up and swallowed me! "Why yes, yes it is...thank you" I said. I could feel my face burning from embarrassment. So much for worrying about which side the gas tank was on!

• Moderators

We make 100 million judgments correctly every day and then feel embarrassed when we make a mistake. Maybe yours was brain fog or just your turn statistically to miss the mark. Let's call yours brain fog. Some people get it worse than others as their bodies adjust to shifting from burning sugar to fat. If I made mistakes when I began my Whole30, I didn't know it because I was distracted by the feeling of lead in my legs and an ache in my tummy. :)

Archived