Jumped In - Day 1 of First Whole 30

Whole30Sue

Hi, my name is Sue. I have been reading about Whole30 for weeks, preparing myself mentally for this. Actually, I planned to start tomorrow April 1st, but after grocery shopping yesterday for the first three days of compliant meals, I realized I didn't plan any pre-Whole30 meals, so it was just easiest to start today. So I have jumped in.  I am a four year breast cancer survivor.  Mom to a daughter with Spina Bifida.  Husband has type II diabetes, and I have high blood pressure.  Obviously my family needs to eat better. I am starting with me.

Blessings!

Sue

Hi Sue, and all others new to this program!!

I'm Jo and I am lucky that once I read "It Starts with Food" and told my husband bits and pieces, he didn't want to read the book but jumped in head first with me! We are 49 and 54 and have been eating very badly for years (me, 15 and him, 10). Over the past two weeks we 'pre-cleaned', by eating paleo recipes and eliminating sugar, wheat and processed foods with a few exceptions (cake at a birthday, alcohol at a function). We ate and drank small amounts and still felt their effects after and the next day. I'm glad we did it that way because we are actually 100% sure we will not 'cheat' on this program. We turned down tickets to a fun event because we don't want temptations - they aren't worth it!! Hormone reboot, baby!!!

We have diabetes and heart disease in our families and are just pushing the limits to be medicated ourselves. We are hoping we are turning around in time. I'm looking forward to 'meeting' some great people with the same mind-set as ourselves.

Happy New Life to All!!!

Jo (& Dan)

I am also starting today! I am a graduate student and starting medical school in the fall. Taking this summer, well starting now, and making sure I am as healthy as can be before starting at Wake Forest. No health concerns as of now, just trying to eliminate the unhealthy lifestyle that accompanies grad student life!

Hi Sue...Welcome aboard...I just finished my 1st Whole30 on March 30th and decided to continue without a re-intro phase.  So, I could count today March 31st as Day 1 of a second Whole30 or Day 31 of a Whole60.   :D

Either way, if its okay with you, I will jump on the bandwagon with you.

Good luck...

Claws, please do jump on bandwagon. So awesome that you are still going. I am lying in bed at the end of my first day just thrilled that I completed one day 100% on plan. Many times I have decided to start a "diet" and didn't make it through day 1.

Archived