My Very First Whole30!

BaconLegs

So, i had a hell of a day yesterday. My allergic reaction to the perfume my mom gave me had gotten WAY worse, with bumps all over my face and neck, and scaly skin around my eyes, and oh boy it BURNS. So I went to the doctor and was prescribed Prednisone. I was also hopped up on benedryl and wasn't thinking and got a salad because I was SO hungry, and the chicken, I found out later, was cooked in ricebran oil. Today is day 27, and the ricebran oil oil has not affected me, it seems, at all, so I'm going to keep trucking to day 30. 

Today I'm staying home from work, groggy from Benedryl, in pain from this rash, and hopefully the Prednisone doesn't kick my butt.

Yesterday's (Day 26) Food:

Meal 1:

3 eggs,

An Avocado

Spinach

Meal 2:

5 meat balls

a can of spinach with a sprinkling of salt, pepper and hot sauce

An apple

Meal 3:

Big Salad with Chicken, Avocado, and hot sauce.

Gotta keep trucking.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is Day 16 for me and I feel good.  I loved the daily emails, and I especially liked the one today titled TIGER BLOOD.  I find they keep me motivated. The paragraph today about "restraint bias" really spoke to me and I found that is me in the past.  It is amazing that these emails are able to say what I need to hear.

Last night I made spaghetti squash with Italian style eggplant sauce.  I thought my husband was going to run out the kitchen screaming, but he actually liked it and said it really filled him up.  Of course "pancake loving daughter" went to Popeye's for fried chicken.  Oh well, and she wonders why her skin is so bad.

Have a wonderful weekend

Archived