Start date is 4/27/15!

jaxrwild

Hi!

My name is Cheryl and I am really excited to be starting tomorrow! I did a Whole30 a couple of years back but, looking back, I don't think I truly embraced the entire program. Reading the new book really brought that idea out. I felt great but I was one of those people that used things like Larabars to replace the "candy fix" in the afternoons. I'm feeling more at ease about the program as a whole this time (definitely overwhelmed the first time) - everything made more sense as I was reading the book.

I am a runner and love to do home DVD workouts as well. I know I will need to add a bit more food for my pre and post workout times and I"m not sure how to fit that in with meal 1 (timing) and getting myself and the kids off in the moring but I'm excited to work it all out! I am doing this alone - my family will obviously eat what I make for dinner but none of them have any interest in eliminating a lot of the things I won't be having. I am conserned about that but I will make it work!!

Looking forward to this journey and getting to know all the great people here on the forum!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

My husband and two teenagers started today. So far so good. My husband is a snacker though and is already feeling the snack attacks coming on. We had protein salads for lunch and I'm getting ready to start perfect burgers with eggplant buns, cauliflower mash for dinner.

Here's to day one!

~M~  :D

• Administrators

Hi Cheryl,

My husband and two teenagers started today. So far so good. My husband is a snacker though and is already feeling the snack attacks coming on. We had protein salads for lunch and I'm getting ready to start perfect burgers with eggplant buns, cauliflower mash for dinner.

Here's to day one!

~M~  :D

Make sure your hubby is eating to HIS palm and thumb size as well as his general activity.  Also note that while salad may seem voluminous and like tonnes of food, it's really not.  Think of lettuce/salad greens after they wilt down.  4 cups can easily become 4 tbsp.  Adding a cooked veggie in there can help. The less overall hungry he is, the less he'll be thinking of crave-y foods.

Good luck all of you a Day 1 people. In having a hard enough time just figuring out this forum/post.

I am not clear on the fat, are we suppose to only have 1 (T) serving per meal?

Also any suggestions on replacements for gum? Mints?

Hi! I'm Katy and my husband and I are starting our whole 30 today also. We had our third baby back in October and I attempted a whole30 when she was around 2 months old but my milk dropped too drastically. She's started eating a little baby food so I feel like now is the time to give it another try. This will be hard seeing as I went bread/sugar crazy during her pregnancy.

Hi everyone! Yesterday was my day 1 too. It went well, no cravings but it was a busy day at work so that helped distract me from thinking about food. Today is a busy day at home but I will stick to the plan! Good luck and planning to all of you!

Hello Everyone! I started yesterday as well. Going well so far, with a little bit of the nasty Sugar Dragon this afternoon. I'm looking forward to having more energy, as I always seem to hit a wall in the afternoon. Good luck to you all!

Whole30 On!

Archived