1st Whole30

jecre

Hello!

This is the first day of my first Whole30. I am going to try and use this for my own records and for accountability.

My reasons for starting:

-nausea after eating often

-low energy

-depression

-poor sleep

-foggy brain/memory issues

-prediabetic/insulin resistance

-chronic hives (have to take zyrtec every 2-3 days or I get unbearably itchy, and almost always have red marks from where I touch my skin/scratch lightly)

My first day's meals:

Meal 1:

Chocolate Chili from clothesmakethegirl

1/2 sweet potato

mini cucumber

Meal 2:

2 roast chicken thighs

7 green olives

mini cucumber

cherry tomatoes

sugar snap peas

Meal 3:

Pad Thai from clothesmakethegirl

drank water and herbal tea throughout the day

Feelings:

Felt pretty good until about 5:30 when I started losing some concentration and got really tired (this was at the end of a 9 hour work day). Now, around 8:30 at night I have a headache in the front of my head... I'm not sure if I can have a sugar-craving/detox headache so soon. I started eating whole 30 at dinner last night, so it's just been 24 hours. I usually have 1 coffee a day, and had no caffeine today, so that might be it... or my body is so sugar addicted that 30 hours or so without sugar freaks my body out!

It's my first Whole 30 as well, I'm on day 2!  Trying to stay motivated!  I had a hard time last night after dinner as I usually always have something sweet and junky while watching tv.  I really wanted to give up, but instead I went to bed early.  Feeling better this AM, really wanting to beat this sugar dragon.  Good luck with your whole 30!

Thank you! You too! My hunger isn't as bad today... no headache yet either. I do notice that every so often I wil just have a flash of wanting something sweet. And when I got home from work today it was about 5pm, and I had this idea about what I would even do for the rest of the evening. It seems like food and eating must have taken up more mindspace/time than I realized. :wacko:

Day 2: 

Meal 1:

Leftover Pad Thai

mini cucumber

sugar snap peas with a bit of sunshine sauce

decaf americano with a little coconut milk

Meal 2:

Pulled pork

broccoli

arugula

sweet potato

Morroccan dipping sauce

green onion

Meal 3:

Guacomole

sweet potato

freeze dried blueberries

applesauce

No headache today. Much less hunger feelings. Many times of sugar cravings.

Day 3:

Meal 1:

Egg salad with OOmayo

butter lettuce

Meal 2:

Chocolate Chili

1/2 sweet potato

olives

Meal 3:

Egg salad

cashew & macadamia nuts with some raisins

Water throughout the day

Feeling not very hungry today. Had some cravings because I was back at a job that I usually snack at, but distracted myself. I could have just done with eating 2 meals today. Energy fairly normal, got tired around 8pm at work.

Day 4:

Meal 1:

Egg salad

butter lettuce

cherry tomatoes

cashew & macadamia nuts with some raisins

coffee with some coconut milk

Meal 2:

Coconut Shrimp Thai soup

green beans

bit of nuts+fruit

Hunger was low again today. I felt brighter and did not get depressed/teary like I often do on days off. I was a little bit fuzzy brained- had a bit of a hard time recalling some words.

Day 5:

Meal 1:

cocount milk "latte", smoked salmon, butter lettuce, capers, bit of OOmayo

Meal 2:

Bit of pulled pork, sweet potato, guacamole

Meal 3:

steak, salad, sweet potato, broccoli

Felt pretty good, still having some trouble with work recall (fuzzy brain). Got a little angsty in the morning, but managed to bring myself back down.

Day 6:

Meal 1:

tea

big salad with steak and veggies

some nuts + raisins

Meal 2:

Chocolate chili

green pepper

some fresh fruit

Meal 3:

Thai coconut soup

(ran out of veggies- will stock up!)

Felt pretty good today but had my first moderately bad cravings for a hot chocolate shop by my house. I did use nuts and fruit to help calm this after sitting with it for hours, because I was at work and could only distract so much.

Well done on making it to day 5  :) 

If you're having cravings try a distraction technique (go for a walk, paint your nails, do the dishes) rather than feeding the craving with fruit - that is just feeding the dragon & keeping it alive....

Day 7:

Meal 1:

Chocolate chili

coffee with coconut milk

(still out of veggies)

Meal 2:

Giant salad with lettuce, tomato, avocado, green onion, chicken thigh, egg, and vinaigrette

ice tea

Meal 3:

Chicken garlic sausages (2)

spicy brown mustard

spaghetti squash with marinara

Day 8:

Meal 1:

Egg salad (3 eggs)

celery (4 stalks)

Meal 2:

can of tuna in olive oil

celery (4 stalks)

fruit and nuts

Meal 3:

1/2 chicken thigh

1/2 avocado

1/2 cherry pie larabar

(this was a small/hard meal because I had some stomach issues which made it difficult to eat)

Day 9:

Meal 1:

Coffee with coconut milk

Egg salad (3 eggs)

celery (3 stalks)

Meal 2: tbd

Meal 3: tbd

On day 7 I felt good- clearer, more energy. I'm noticing I'm rising in the morning earlier, and not feeling exhausted when I wake up!

On day 8 I had a small bout of depressive feelings, lack of energy, and wanting to eat a lot. I am wondering if this is because of the salad I had the day before. It was at a restaurant (I had been really proud of myself- my dining partner had a big sandwich and a cocktail) and although I asked them to leave cheese and bacon off the salad, and asked if there was sugar in the dressing (there wasn't) I wonder if the chicken was marinated or glazed with soy sauce or sugar of some sort. I tend to notice a correlation between getting accidently "glutenized" and feeling depressed.

Day 9 was great again... good energy, felt very present at my job. I use my intuition in my job, and have noticed it being clearer and more right on in the past week! My cravings are lower- wanted some sugar after my first meal, but sat with it and drank water... it moved by.

Falling behind on posts because...life. But still going strong on the whole30!

I've hit a bit of a wall- felt low energy/strength... and had dreams of eating sweets. But made some steak on a whim and feel better after that. Made a couple new recipes, which have me more interested in eating again.

Day 15:

Meal1:

Steak and veggie chopped salad with Moroccan Dipping Sauce dressing

Nuts/raisins

Meal2:

Smoked Salmon

Asparagus

Lettuce

Capers

OOMayo

Meal 3:

Greek stew