Village Inn suggestions?

cideon

Going to eat breakfast with a friend I haven't seen in a while. I don't have to stick to breakfast foods, it'll just be breakfast time despite barely getting off work then. My plan is to do the VIB thing, with 2 orders of 2 eggs, fresh fruit... and then I was thinking the hickory smoked bacon. But not only would I have to ask for non-canola/soy oil, I'd be worried the bacon has sugar despite being a smoked variety. Should I switch bacon for the potatoes as long as they use a safe oil? Or could there be other nasties there? Should I just stick to grilled fish or the sirloin steak to be safe? Any ideas? I'm barely hitting my 2 weeks point today, so I want to be careful and not start over! 

It seems to be a lot harder to find compliant bacon in the States that it is in the UK so I'd probably skip eating bacon out so as to avoid sugar or sulphites... Stick with grilled fish or sirloin and maybe phone ahead to check what oils they are using for their veg and see if you can't get some roasted in EVO or steamed...

Good luck - it's a jungle out there!  :P

Guest Andria

You re going to have to ask questions.  You can't rely entirely on information from the forum for answers.  However, everything Jmcbn is correct. You will not be able to find compliant bacon while dining out.  Call ahead to find out what cooking oil they use for the eggs and potatoes and such.  Saidly, I have found most lower quality restaurants use soybean oil.  Canola oil is fine. 

Archived