Eating post workout question

Anunez96

Hi All - I am on Day 10 of my Whole 60 (I completed a Whole30 in Oct 2013 with great success but unfortunately went off the rails after that - hence the extention to 60 days this time - I am a complete sugar addict)

I want to add some exercise to my routine and am going to give the new jazzercise a try.  I plan to have my full breakfast 2hrs before the workout.  My question is this - Do I really need to eat another meal size portion of protein and carbs (veggies) right after?  What if I am not yet hungry?  Could I just eat an earlier lunch than normal?  Conversely, if I must eat post workout - can I make my lunch a little lighter in terms of proportions.?

I had such great results in Oct 13 with no exercise by sticking to the 3 full compliant meals with absolutely NO snacks or mini meals in between.  

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

I just came to the forums looking for a similar answer!!  Where did you find your answer at in the forums, do you happen to remember?  My concern is dinner.  I hit a workout class on my way home from work, then get home and it's dinner time.   :blink:

• Administrators

I just came to the forums looking for a similar answer!!  Where did you find your answer at in the forums, do you happen to remember?  My concern is dinner.  I hit a workout class on my way home from work, then get home and it's dinner time.   :blink:

Browse the Whole30 for Athletes section of the forum.

In your specific case I would recommend taking something with you like some egg whites or a pack of tuna and a sweet potato, eat that in the car on the way home and then eat dinner an hour or so later.  The post workout doesn't have to be huge but you should have something.  Protein and carb.

Archived