Already on day 4, third times the charm!

liza goatcher

Hello! This is my third attempt at a Whole30. I have failed to make it all the way to the end both previous tries. This time I have recruited two friends to join in addition to my husband. My husband could not care less what he eats, he is naturally very thin and doesn't think much about food, so this isn't a big deal to him. I on the other hand have spent a lifetime fighting my weight and my affinity for eating everything in sight! Having my friends join me has already given me strength and resolve I didn't have before. This is just as hard for them as it is for me, if not more so, and misery loves company so I'm thrilled! I am very excited to be doing this, and want to wish you all good luck and good health!

Here's to a Successful Whole 30, Liza.

If others should decide midway through that they're not going the distance...... Keeeeep gooooinnngggg.  Melissa wrote an awesome article about this recently.   The link is attached.

"One of the best parts of being an adult is the ability to make big decisions about your own life. Unfortunately, we don’t get to make those decisions for the other adults in our lives (and sometimes our kids), even when we think they’re the right ones. If you know that the Whole30 program is something you want for yourself, then commit for your own health–but that’s going to have to be enough.

You can’t force your loved ones to want this as much as you do. You can’t even force them to eat what you eat! But you can (and should) commit to this whole-heartedly if you believe it’s the right thing for your health and happiness, even if no one else is on board."

Liza... I wanted to add something...from Melissa and Dallas Hartwig.

I think what a lot of people enjoyed about your first book, and also your approach in general, is that it is brutally honest, candid and funny.

"There is still a lot of “us” in this second book, yes, although the tough love for which we became famous so many years ago has softened considerably. We’ve come to realize that most people’s objections, arguments or defensiveness against the Whole30 are actually just fear or anxiety wrapped in a rough exterior. People don’t need to be shamed or bullied into changing their lives—they need to be heard, acknowledged and invited to share in our community. We still dish out the tough love when necessary, because sometimes, people just need to be reminded that they’ve done harder things in their lives, and they deserve to make these changes and experience the results. But we wield our tough love carefully, and go heavy on the “love.”

I believe in  going heavy on the love and not beating ourselves up.  There is no finish line with developing a healthy relationship with food or others. 

I

Archived