Starting May 21.

jshigram

Hi Everyone, I'm going to do this. I'm a soon-to-be-stay-at-home-mom of a 3 yr-old daughter, and a soon-to-be-less-working-creative-professional. I've spent the last ten years working in front of a desk, at the computer, working-from-home. I decided to do Whole30 after I heard about it from an acquaintance on a forum thread. 

I am in good health (knock wood), eat reasonably well, get "an amount" of regular exercise. Actually, my exercise has increased in the last month due to getting my bike tuned up, the weather, being in a bike friendly city, thus getting out on bike more in addition to occasional gym workouts. Also, I stopped drinking alcohol completely about 1.5 years ago.

So why am I here? After I gave birth to my daughter, my body "shifted" and changed, whereby I am still carrying an extra 15 pounds on my petite frame (5'1"). And when I turned 45 last year, I really noticed some "spread" that I really dislike. Moving forward as I continue aging, I want to eat and feel healthier along with the activity increase. Yes, I want to lose weight, but I also realize that any form of restrictive eating can lead to unhealthy relationships with food, which has been a thing for me historically. So I am a bit leery of the restrictions of Whole30, but like they say, it is only a month, which I am happy to try if it means so much more health. It's not too far from how I currently eat (maybe less meat and no eggs vs. Whole30), but I have a love affair with sugar. Thus, I have begun planning for this culinary and health experiment and am looking forward to it. Thanks for the opportunity for accountability and anonymity.

• Administrators

Yes, I want to lose weight, but I also realize that any form of restrictive eating can lead to unhealthy relationships with food, which has been a thing for me historically. So I am a bit leery of the restrictions of Whole30, 

Instead of thinking about what you can't have (restriction), think about what you can have.  All the protein you want (eggs, beef, chicken, turkey, pork, bison, buffalo, salmon, tuna, shellfish etc), the entire rainbow of veggies (except corn and peas) and the delicious good fats (avocado, coconut, properly raised animal fats, olive etc).  

The amount of food that you eat is determined by your body and your activity levels and how you feel so as far as restriction in that sense, there is absolutely none.  We do not abide by suffering through hunger, we really want you to eat.  Eat food, feel great, love life.  No restriction there!

:)

The template to our meal design recommendations is linked in my signature below, take a peek and familiarize yourself with it.

Archived