Tracy R: 1st W30- Sept 1-30, 2012

Tracy R.

This will be my journal for keeping track of how I feel during my first W30, what I find easy, what is difficult and general thoughts on the process of eating healthy.

Day 1: Went very well. I wasn't hungry even though I didn't snack between meals. I slept well and woke up ready to be up. I didn't hit the snooze button once!

Goals for September's W30-

Nutrition: I will drink 3 full water bottles per day. (nalgene bottle is 20 oz)

Exercise: I will exercise (walk, squats, turbofire or punching bag) 30 min, 4 x week

Sleep: I will not hit the snooze button.

Stress Management: I will go for a walk with my husband after the kids are in bed 2 x week.

Thank you Debbie.

So far I've not had any cravings. I'm enjoying the new recipes I've tried and best of all, my family has liked (even loved!) all the meals I've made since Saturday. I was feeling a little sluggish today and was a bit grumpy, but nothing my family couldn't handle. lol

Goals Results-

Nutrition: 3 full water bottles - I drank 2.

Exercise: I will exercise (walk, squats, turbofire or punching bag) 30 min, 4 x week- none so far. Only 4 days left in the week too. I really need to hop to it.

Sleep: I will not hit the snooze button. High Five!

Stress Management: I will go for a walk with my husband after the kids are in bed 2 x week. 1 out of 2

I'm so behind in my journaling. I have never been good at journals and scrapbooks. (Not even with baby scrapbooks for my kids.)

I have been on track, food wise, with W30.My other goals though, not so much.

Goals Results-

Nutrition: 3 full water bottles- Been doing good on this.

Exercise: I will exercise (walk, squats, turbofire or punching bag) 30 min, 4 x week- none (My husband told me that he feels I overshot my goals since I'm starting at no exercise.)

Sleep: I will not hit the snooze button. High Five! (I also changed my wake up time to the time I usually snooze too. Is that cheating?)

Stress Management: I will go for a walk with my husband after the kids are in bed 2 x week. kinda (we are making sure to spend quiet time together to talk w/o having the kids around interrupting. This is huge for us and has been very nice. It's not always a walk though.)

It's day 11 and I feel great food wise. I feel much more confident in my ability to choose the right foods, to make yummy meals my family will enjoy that are also healthy and I have come to really appreciate simple ingredients. I'm pleased as punch that I finally made the decision to do W30.

Day 13

Still going strong food wise. No cravings, not feeling hungry between meals, I'm not exhausted by the time 8pm rolls around, I'm sleeping soundly (when my cat doesn't come sit on me and lick my eyelid) and I've had more patience with my kids.My clothes are loose, which is totally awesome. I've still got a bit of a cold- headache and some coughing. I should be completely healed within a day or so.

I have told myself I have to start exercising on Sunday whether I'm well or not. If anybody reads this, hold me accountable!

screw it, I'm gonna go for a walk as soon as I get the kids in bed. If I put it off till I feel better, I'll have a new reasons to not do it then. Just gonna do it. It's dark out though, kinda don't like the dark. haha oh well, face two fears....exercise and darkness. Think I'll sweet talk my 13 yr old into going with me. lol

Day 14

I was craving potato chips today. Plain ones with ruffles. I wasn't until my 21 yr old mentioned them. :angry: I didn't cave though. I also didn't stop at the store on our way home from Atlanta so she could run in and get her some. :D I'm finding it very hard to be quiet when I see her drinking diet soda and eating store bought rice krispies. I will let this W30 speak for me.

I tried doing TurboFire today. Didn't go well at all. I'm going to wait on that till I've lost more weight. I'm going to do the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's instead. I spent so much time trying to do the moves in TF, that I don't feel like I really got much of a workout. Just a bunch of frustration. So, going to do what I know I can finish.

I've noticed my skin is clearing up on my back. I had acne BAD as a teen, mostly on my back, and have the scars to show for it. As an adult, it hasn't been as bad, but still there. My back is feeling pretty smooth now though. Happy about that one.

Dinner tonight was a hit with everybody. We had deconstructed burgers. I made that beef mixture (ground beef, onions, salt, pepper and garlic powder) and served that with a variety of burger toppings for everybody to choose from. lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, pickled jalapeno slices, bacon and mayo from Well Fed that I turned to chipotle mayo. I made tostones to go with it for a bit of crunch (in place of french fries).

• 3 weeks later...

This first whole 30 ended at day 27 due to a planned special function. I knew going into it that it would be a short one, but I didn't want to wait to start. I had a little dairy and sugar at the banquet, which I think means it ended. I started the second w30 the next day. There aren't any special events this month, so no planned stops.

Archived