Broken Heel

TexArk

I am a 65 year old woman who has been eating Primal/Perfect Health Diet for over a year. I am working on my first Whole30. I broke my heel (ladder accident) 18 months ago and have really struggled with my foot/ankle ever since. The bone has heeled, but the ankle stays swollen. I have been through physical therapy, but I just can't get that area strong. I can now walk without a cane with a slight limp. I can do an elliptical machine and a stationary bike...the treadmill is very slow.

My question is about the exercises that trainers always mention. There is no way I can do a lunge or even the plank. I will do upper body workouts on machines at the gym. What can I do besides the cardio machines that would be a workout for a somewhat disabled person? I cannot do the run and play at the park or any competitive sports. Suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Can you squat?

can you do single leg things on your good foot? pistols? (well, progressions of pistols) If you can do anything with one limb, there's a phenomenon (it has a name but i have no idea what it is off the top of my head) that has it flow over to the opposite limb, even without using it. Synergistic something or another, maybe?

how about swimming?

Archived