FIBRE!

I completed my 1st whole30 on April 30th and have been feeling wonderful. Aside from some digestive issues that I finally deciphered (have problems with nuts!) I tallied up my daily meals (to get a sense of my ratios) and found astonishing low amounts of fibre! I eat veggies like there's no tomorrow, for breakfast, lunch, dinner and if I have pre/post workout snacks! They are mostly in form of salad (3 cups at a time) root veggies, broccoli... how do you boost your fibre count without going into legumes? There must be denser fibrous vegetables out there- I would like to at least border 35g and right now am around 15 with all that intake...

Any thoughts?

Legumes have a relatively small amount of fiber compared to vegetables.  They're mainly carbohydrate.

IMG_8072.JPG

Roast your vegetables of every kind and you'll increase your fiber.  Salads reduce to micro amounts when digested.  Throw everything but the kitchen sink onto a roasting pan.  Eat 9 cups aday of roasted vege and you'll have your fiber.

Roasted-vegetables.jpg

Guest Andria

Why do you want to consume 35 g of fiber per day??  Even conventional wisdom only recommends 25 g of fiber for women.

With that said, a high fiber diet may not be as beneficial as we have been lead to believe. Read the link below.  Since I have changed to Whole30 eating my digestion is worlds better than it was on a high fiber, whole grain diet (think constipation!!).

http://chriskresser.com/myths-and-truths-about-fiber/

PS: Don't log your food for any reason! Let the plan work for you! Eat 3 template meals a day that contain 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies, 1-2 thumbs of fat and you will do fine.

Archived