Starting May 20!- Today :)

jloviebug

Me, too! I mean, started the Whole30 on the 20th- not a cancer survivor- had a breast biopsy recently that came back clear. I'm glad you are still with us! I'm just realizing the reason I had the biopsy was due in part to a whole30 I undertook two years ago- I lost 30 lbs then (over the course of several months of grainfree and legume free eating), and the (benign) lumps were more visible! I'm redoing the Whole30 because I've been gradually allowing myself too many things (like giant chocolate chip cookies, too many drinks) and have not been feeling so good in my body. Less limber, more bloated. I know I can feel better because I've been there.

How are you guys doing? Holding up well? I am having some, um, loose bowels, shall we say, but it's a sign things are moving!

I work in a sweet country farm store cafe as a baker- sigh. Good and bad: fresh spring greens and organic veggies, local meats n poultry... And copious opportunities to "ignore" sweets, chips, and breads. Did I mention toast is my favorite food?

Oh, me too!  I thought it was the weather or something.  Maybe less crud in the system + coffee = jitters?  Or extra energy from eating better?  I am feeling really good.  Got a snack attack mid afternoon (not enough lunch I guess), but drank a bunch of water with lemon and powered through.  Dinner:  leftover mushrooms, zucchini, onions from breakfast heated with spinach and browned ground beef in bone broth and coconut milk... mmmm... also made baba ghanouj from Well Fed, ate a bit with carrots. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy I found you fellow 520ers. I started on the same day too. So we are on day 13. How are you all doing?

My biggest challenge has been preparing foods. But I've been able to do it. I do have better energy levels. My primary goal is for weight loss - I still look 4 months pregnant. The kid is three and a half. So I'm happy that my clothes feel like they fit better now.

Hi cranberriez!  I haven't been on the forum for several days - it's been smooth sailing this second week after a kind of rough first week (tired, intestinal adjustments).  I'm glad you found us. 

Today I was sooo tired!  I slept almost 11 hours last night!  then was dragging all day.  For dinner I made oven fries (russets tossed in olive oil, bacon grease, salt, and garlic powder)- I was so craving a treat all day.  I'm super happy potatoes are on the list.  But here's the thing:  I inhaled them, like my body needed them.  I also had beef stew w/mushrooms, parsnips & zucchini along with a salad of cukes, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, scallions with a lime juice/olive oil dressing.  It was a yummy meal, but I *needed* those carbs.  So interesting to notice what my body was craving.  The think I miss most isn't desserts, it's salty-crunchy-carby.  I feel much better now. 

The first time I did a Whole30 (2 years ago) I lost some weight, but it took about 3 months for it to really make a difference - and I lost 30 lbs!  I went from 172 to 138, then leveled out around 140.  I'm hoping to streamline a little more this go-round.  Those months after the Whole30 I stayed grain-free, but introduced dairy and some sugar... aimed for an 80/20 mix of perfect/not-so-perfect.  It worked until it tilted to the 70/30... and so here I am. 

Keep up with the Good Work!

Archived