Starting May 30, the first day of the rest of my life

rachelstrong

• Administrators

It's 4 PM and my stomach is growling. I did not eat fruit after lunch because I was full, but now I am hungry. I am committed to staying snack free, though, and will have some of that nice beef brisket in my crock pot at home tonight.

If lunch was at noon, starting to be hungry at 4 is right on track!  :)  Personally because of the length of time between my lunch and my dinner (7 hours), I have to have a mini meal (usually a hard boiled egg & some sweet potato) between the two.  If you have a long time between lunch and dinner, you can eat, just don't eat fruit alone. Make it protein and fat and some veggies.  

If lunch was at noon, starting to be hungry at 4 is right on track!   :)  Personally because of the length of time between my lunch and my dinner (7 hours), I have to have a mini meal (usually a hard boiled egg & some sweet potato) between the two.  If you have a long time between lunch and dinner, you can eat, just don't eat fruit alone. Make it protein and fat and some veggies.  

What a great idea!  We have hard boiled egg whites at work (yes, they DO scoop out the yoke -- I have no idea where that goes).  Easy for me to grab a couple of extra ones at lunch and save them for a 4 pm snack.  I've got dinner out tonight (I've informed the restaurant of my dietary restrictions planned my order in advance), but by popping a few hard boiled egg whites prior to heading out, I'll go into dinner with extra resolve!

Hey, Rachel!  

Based on ladyshanny's comment, any kind of protein, fat and veggie combo might work. Maybe some cold chicken or cold baked salmon (which has become a personal favorite of mine? And I sometimes underestimate the value of a crunchy veggie like baby carrots, cauliflower, broccoli or jicama.  Maybe toss in a quarter of smashed up avocado as a dip?  My guess, though, is to remember that this is a "mini meal" -- not to overdo it, but to make it just enough to carry us over...  good luck!

• Administrators

Hey, Rachel!  

Based on ladyshanny's comment, any kind of protein, fat and veggie combo might work. Maybe some cold chicken or cold baked salmon (which has become a personal favorite of mine? And I sometimes underestimate the value of a crunchy veggie like baby carrots, cauliflower, broccoli or jicama.  Maybe toss in a quarter of smashed up avocado as a dip?  My guess, though, is to remember that this is a "mini meal" -- not to overdo it, but to make it just enough to carry us over...  good luck!

Exactly!  :)

Hey, Rachel!

Just checking in.  It's late Thursday night. Just got to the farm, where everything is much more relaxed!  We're having a party Saturday for a bunch of the folks who worked here helping us getting the farm in shape over the last three years. About a dozen people coming for BBQ, Beer and Wine.  I'm not the least bit concerned, though. I've been drinking my Le Croix (in a Moscow Mule cup!) with lots of ice and it feels like an "adult beverage"! My husband and I have planned out a bunch of things I can eat -- baked salmon, roasted chicken, roasted veggies, BBQ asparagus.  Our big concern is that other folks will eat "my" food! But no worries, we have enough. :-)

That's something I've enjoyed about the Whole30 -- I'm able to live my life AND stay on the plan.  And I'm happy and not hungry!

Have a great day!

Melinda,

That is great and I love how you are sticking to it! I'm glad to be chatting with someone who is really committed and I am proud of you! I, too, have been havnig adult beverage alternatives. Mostly seltzer water with lime, but also lime, ginger and lemon. Once in a blue moon, I'll do it with a splash of tart cherry juice and lime, but no sugar added, I promise. I've been making a lot of recipes from the book and really liking them but it is a lot of cooking. I think I will follow your food log and see what you are eating. Here was my weekend meals:

Friday: baked sweet potato with carnitas

Saturday: grilled chicken breast with coconut curry sauce, green beans, and cabbage salad with lemon oil and cashews

Sunday: griled mahi mahi with citrus juice reduction, grilled asparagus, grilled plantain, and riced cauliflower 

This week I got some Aidell's chicken and apple sausage and had it with eggs, peppers, and mushrooms for breakfast. I need some more diversity in my breakfasts.

Take care and keep up the good work.

Archived