Starting June 1

Hello! I am starting this Whole 30 program on Monday, June 1st. I was just wondering if anyone else was going to be starting monday as well. :)

Any pros with tips on the first week meals?

Also, Im not a big fan of dinner for breakfast, so what are your favorite breakfasty foods? 

Thanks!

I'm starting on Mon too. Had 2 false starts earlier this year - fell off the Whole30 wagon due to social events that I didn't prepare well enough for. Am determined to make it through this one without any slip ups.

I've made a big batch of Whole30 compliant soup today with homemade bone broth and planning to make some mayo tomorrow & do a big shop. I have the new Whole30 book so planning to read through this tonight/tomorrow and make a meal plan for next week.

I tend to make a batch of egg muffins for breakfast with veg/meat fillings and always boil a pan of eggs so they are in the fridge for a quick breakfast or snack.

Hi!  I will be starting June 1 as well.   Hoping to reset a stalled out metabolism - between hypothyroidism, menopause and raising 3 teenagers (STRESS! :wacko: ), my body has rebelled, gone into protest, and shut down.  I will be doing this on my own at home, so will have to contend with all of the tempting food the rest of my family will eat.  I have definitely failed and given into temptation often, but I am so tired of being tired and just want to feel good and enjoy life.  The last of my 3 teens just graduated high school and I'm looking forward to moving on to the empty nest stage of life soon.

My biggest concern... drinking black coffee.  I don't go for the super sweet and fluffy coffee, but I do like my one packet of Stevia and my cream.  If I can do that, I am sure I can do anything for 30 days.

Best of luck to all!

I started yesterday too! It was a little rough, but I made it through. Search the Pinterest boards (be careful, some are not Whole30 friendly). The egg muffins sound like a great idea! Especially since I am always missing breakfast because I am running late for work, I know, terrible. I found Paleo friendly bacon at Whole Foods (yay!) and is didn't cost a fortune, so that makes me a happy girl. 

Bring on Day 2!! 

My husband and I started today! We missed the boat yesterday... but are fully on board today.  So far i had eggs for breakfast, a green smoothie for my snack (kale, spinach, carrots, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, apple) and hard boiled eggs for lunch. 

I need some suggestions on what you all plan on doing for lunches? I have a small fridge and microwave at work. 

I'm in Charleston SC btw. 

My husband and I started today! We missed the boat yesterday... but are fully on board today.  So far i had eggs for breakfast, a green smoothie for my snack (kale, spinach, carrots, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, apple) and hard boiled eggs for lunch. 

I need some suggestions on what you all plan on doing for lunches? I have a small fridge and microwave at work. 

I thought lunch would be the most tricky, but so far, 2 days in, I have found it to be pretty easy.  Salads are obviously a go to, with grilled chicken. Also, sushi, without the rice and soy sauce (I used coconut aminos today, not too bad), I had that today and I am so full! Fruit and veggies and lots of protein! I am still getting the hang of planning my lunch out, but I have learned to plan for the week and pack my lunch the night before. 

• Administrators

Hi melyJ,

Have you seen our meal template? It's linked below, but the crux is:

1-2 palms protein (that's the length, width and thickness of your palm)

1-3 cups veggies (more if it's leafy greens)(try adding one serving of starchy veggie per day)

1-2 thumbs of fat (or half to whole avocado or heaping handful olives.

Repeat this three times a day, making each meal last you 4-5 hours in between, thus negating the need for snacks.

Smoothies are discouraged as liquid food does not give the same signals to your body as does food that you chew. Plus, when you liquify something like a whole bunch of fruit, it hits your body and spikes your blood sugar far faster than if you were to just eat a piece of fruit.  

For lunches, in our house we have leftovers from the night before.

Archived