Day 4 - Done Like Dinner!!

Chellesdoingr8

Good evening Whole30'ers!!

I am a Whole30 work in progress continuing to learn to navigate the possible "trouble spots".  For example, today I had a workshop to attend.  I was worried about the complimentary lunch which I could guarantee would not have been Whole 30 friendly (I was correct).  So I opted to take a salad, with two eggs and olive oil/white balsamic dressing.  I also brought cut up watermelon.  I did it!!!

Have to say the Whole30 book with recipes that I bought last week was the best investment EVAHHHHH!!!  I have made four recipes so far and they are DELISH!!!  I had the Classic Chili for supper.  Num num!!

I also read what to expect during this 30 day journey.  I haven't hit the irritable stage.  However, am I pooped moreso than being hungry.  I know....this too shall pass.  It is what it is.

I saw a commercial for pizza and dreamed about it for a moment.  Then I thought of Albert Einstein's quote "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  I want to finish these 30 days come hell or high water.  I CAN DO THIS!!  I see all of you doing it!!  Thank you for inspiring me!!!

Cheers!!

Michelle :D

Michelle - nice job making four recipes.  Albert knew his stuff.  If we do what we've always done - we'll get what we've always gotten.  There was only one part of the book I didn't read and that was the timeline.  I sailed through all of the less than stellar stages without knowing how I was supposed to feel on any corresponding day.   I did that because my family was skeptical in the beginning and I wasn't about to make anyone's life miserable on account of the moody blues.  I kept my game face on and never let them see me sweat. Come heck or high water, I was going to see it through. Sugar withdrawal is miserable but you can do it, too.   

Glad you're organized.  I feel chipper and better about everything when I'm organized.  

Way to go Chelle!!!  I love these boards too...I am a newbie as well and it's just so nice to be able to share this adventure.  I am going solo here in my house although my husband is very supportive and eats what I make.  He just adds something here or there and eats his snacky sweets outside the house which is really helpful.  But, he is not going through what I am or feeling the amazing changes.  

Best of luck to you!!!

WTG for going prepared I have two days of work conferences on the 16th and 17th (my days 30 and 31 ahhh!) where I am going to need to do the same and although I bring my lunch every day to work there is something funny feeling about bringing it to one of these catered events (but I have seen others do it in the past so that helps!). 

I agree that whole30 chili is NOM! I have some I have been eating on in my fridge right now :) What other recipes have you tried out of the book? 

Archived