Start date June 15, 2015

I am almost finished all my reading on whole 30. Been putting off starting for a few months due to some issues at home. My mom has been recently diagnosed as mid stage dementia. We have her home health care straightened out and I need to look after my own health. I am 38, a mom of a 3.5 year old daughter that is a delightful handful and I am so tired and exhausted all the time. I have PCOS and Lupus. But, the diabetes is getting worse and worse. My primary doctor wants me to take several meds for preventive reasons. All blood work but my A1C came back in the normal ranges but according to her the diabetes association and the heart association are saying all diabetics need to take these meds no matter what their levels are to prevent problems later on.....NO. So, I am going to do a whole 60 that I will take a break for a week or two after that and will see about doing another whole 30 or 60 after the break. I have been eating a low carb diet for 5 months and have lost 45 pounds. I am not looking for weight loss on this but I am looking for energy, vitaility, skin improvements, gut health and sugar and carb cravings to go. Even with the low carb diet I crave carbs and sugar. So fruit will be a limited item for me. If anyone has any help or is or has PCOS and wants to offer any advice?! Please do!

There's a couple of us who've been working on similar conditions....SpinSpin and me.   When you take your break, continue on with a bunch of sugar avoidance and your good numbers will continue. 

We use our fruit like condiments and stick with berries for the most part.  Jump in and there'll be help for you along the way. 

Thanks! I have been using stevia but its still being used way too much. and I am drinking a dr pepper a day. so im trying to get over that as its not in any way healthy! I love berries and they are a lower carb fruit so I will use them. good thing is most of the blueberries and strawberries are in season here so they are very fresh and very sweet! I may freeze some and just use them as ice cubes for water once a day.

Archived