Starting Sunday, June 21!

laurambp

Hi everyone! My name is Laura and this is my first round of Whole30. I'm really excited to be starting this on Sunday!

I had heard of Whole30 a few months ago, but am finally jumping on board because I have been sick the past week and a half from just eating food. I am lactose intolerant, but suspect that I am having issues with something else (perhaps soy) and want to eliminate the major suspects (all dairy, soy, wheat, processed junk) from my food for these 30 days and see what the problem is. 

I also have hypothyroidism and insulin resistance and know from past experience that I feel better eating whole foods.

I'm excited but admittingly nervous, but have confidence that I can complete the Whole30 because I don't want to be sick from food anymore.

It's great that you have made this choice to do what's best for your body!  I have many of the same issues, but had gotten to full fledged diabetes, so This is the perfect time to commit to your health and make some wonderful things happen!!!  Good luck to you on your journey and just know that while it can be hard at first and there may be rough patches along the way, YOU are always worth the effort!

I am starting again tomorrow, so I'll be a day ahead of you.  I started my first go-round June 1st, but ended up with an unplanned trip to stay with my mom and dad for a week and I just wasn't willing to eat differently at every single meal.  :)  I am ok with that, grocery shopped today on my way home and Start over tomorrow!  So excited!  I felt just awful after returning to my old way of eating, and actually ate worse there than normal.  It was a good confirmation though of how good I was feeling on REAL FOOD!  :)

congrats on taking the first steps on this new journey!

I'm starting tomorrow, too!  I've done the program once before two years ago, and while no expert, it really does make you feel amazing!  I've gone WAY off track since then and I'm super excited to get back to that amazing, "light" feeling... it's truly great!

Well, it looks as though I will be starting over tomorrow, 21 June. I initially started 11 June and have been feeling great, but I mindlessly drank an Emergen-C this afternoon. It occurred to me afterwards to check the ingredients, which, to my disgust, are not compliant. Good lesson, though. I'll continue with a compliant evening meal tonight, and start counting again tomorrow.

Hi all, I'm starting for the first time tomorrow as well. I'm looking forward to it but anxious too! I'm in my mid 30's with two young kids. The main reason I want to do this is because I am very addicted to sugar. I'm tired of feeling the up and down mood swings that accompany eating too much of it, and I just want to have a healthier life. Looking forward to starting this journey with all of you.

Archived