Day 1 - Sept 8

Ashley Hobbs

I've lost count how many i've started some kind of "new" way of eating or diet...but I am at my last straw! I am letting my emotions getting the best of me and not thinking through my decisions. This is my only body and I deserve to respect myself! It is funny to think about how it is not right to disrespect others, but as women, we often forget about ourselves. I have been doing CrossFit for over a year now and am completely addicted. I even have a degree is exercise science and could tell you everything that you are supposed to do right....but I haven't done it myself. I am ready to become that example that I always talk about and let my actions speak! I come from an overweight family and have continually talked to them about eating whole foods and specifically the Whole30, but I completely understand why they don't believe me is because I am not the example that they seek. I look forward to being this example and spreading the news of good health!!

I would love any buddies that are doing the Whole30 because we know its much more fun when there's a crowd!!

Here's to good health!! :D

Hi Ashley...welcome!

And I can relate. I'm a Marriage and Family therapist...I talk about balance and wellness all day long. And I often think about what a client said years ago in a support group, "I don't take advice from anyone I wouldn't trade places with." Even though I have had some health struggles that contribute to my weight issues, people certainly don't know that just looking at me. So in my head there's always this little voice of hypocrisy taunting..."what must they think? you sitting here preaching about balance and wellness when clearly you haven't figured it out either..."

So here's the making the outside behavior match the internal intent.....and yay for Day1!!

Congratulations on the start!

Jaylee

Day8

So excited that I started my parents on this journey! They were both getting ready to start Weight Watchers...AGAIN and I laid everything out on the table. I felt like a car salesman after the fact, but I am going to do my best to help them through this because I know it will change their life! Also, I feel like the more I help them and want them to do great, it helps me keep my mind right and stay on track because I want to be at day 30 just like I want them to get there!

• 2 weeks later...

Its all going well for me - how about you? I'm feeling really good and not having any problems that some of the posts talk about.

I did my first Sunday cook-fest last week and have been enjoying my meals all week. I baked a butternut squash, cooked a beef stew, roasted some chicken. I just add the veggies and I'm all set to go. I am feeding some of the same food to my daughter, but occasionally add some of her starches that I won't touch now. She is a teen so I won't push her - will let her come around on her own :-)

Archived