I Love Whole30

MichelleG84

I started my first Whole30 July 1st. I can't believe I'm half way through already. I feel amazing. I have lost weight (my bra is loose, my pants are super loose, as are my shirts), my mind is clear, I have energy, I all around feel amazing. Last night my daughter didn't want to go to sleep and wouldn't until close to 3 am. I ended up getting only 5 hours of sleep (I know I know that's not great) but woke up feeling energetic and ready to take on the day. I love that what I eat keeps me full  and I no longer feel the need to snack. I love that the food I'm eating is great food and fresh. I love that I'm cooking more often and my daughter loves this too because she gets to help. My mood and patience are soooo much better. Prior to starting I felt like I was angry, frustrated and/or stressed all of the time and now I feel at peace almost. I definitely see myself continuing this lifestyle from now on. Sure I may have non compliant foods now and then but for the most part I don't even want any of the junk. I'm not having cravings anymore. I seriously thought that the whole time I'd miss bread. I loved bread but I really don't need it. I went into this looking for a lifestyle change and I am not disappointed. 

Over the past few days I've branched out a bit foodwise. I made the perfect mayo from the Whole30 book and it really is delicious. I was never really a huge fan of mayo to begin with but this is amazing. I've also had zoodles (zucchini noodles) for the first time and they were awesome. The chimichurri sauce is so delicious that I put it on everything. I can't wait to try more recipes from the book.

Here's what I've had so far today. 

M1: 4 hardboiled eggs with s&p and o brother that's hot habanero hot sauce (my favorite), 2 Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage and some berries.

M2: Tuna salad (can of tuna, diced onion, diced celery, diced jalapeno with s&p and whole30 mayo over spinach with diced tomato and my favorite hot sauce. I also had a trenta iced unsweetened passion tea from starbucks (I'm at work so I indulged)

M3: Not sure yet, probably a burger or something when I get home. 

I also have an instagram where I post pics of my food creations @whole_30_misha

Your meal one is seriously lacking in veggies - don't let the fruit push the veggies off of your plate. Fill up on veggies first (the recommendation is 1-3 cups per meal with 3 being optimum) and if you still have room then eat the fruit...

I started my first Whole30 July 1st. I can't believe I'm half way through already. I feel amazing. I have lost weight (my bra is loose, my pants are super loose, as are my shirts), my mind is clear, I have energy, I all around feel amazing. Last night my daughter didn't want to go to sleep and wouldn't until close to 3 am. I ended up getting only 5 hours of sleep (I know I know that's not great) but woke up feeling energetic and ready to take on the day. I love that what I eat keeps me full  and I no longer feel the need to snack. I love that the food I'm eating is great food and fresh. I love that I'm cooking more often and my daughter loves this too because she gets to help. My mood and patience are soooo much better. Prior to starting I felt like I was angry, frustrated and/or stressed all of the time and now I feel at peace almost. I definitely see myself continuing this lifestyle from now on. Sure I may have non compliant foods now and then but for the most part I don't even want any of the junk. I'm not having cravings anymore. I seriously thought that the whole time I'd miss bread. I loved bread but I really don't need it. I went into this looking for a lifestyle change and I am not disappointed. 

Congratulations at your half way mark!  Woo hoo!

@jmcbn: Thank you for the feedback. I will add more veggies  :) 

So my week last week was awesome! I went to a relatives house and was prepared to spend the night (Fri-Sat). I made sure I let them know ahead of time and also brought enough food for the amount of time I was there. We then got rained on (unheard of in SoCal in mid July...at least since I've been here). So I ended up staying another night. The next day I made due with what was available and created a few compliant meals. They weren't the greatest by any means but I'm proud that I stuck with it especially when the temptation to give in was right there the entire weekend. They had lots and lots of non compliant foods from pasta to cookies to ice cream and plenty of alcohol. All of my prior weaknesses. By the time the weekend had ended I found that I really didn't even crave any of that junk physically. Mentally was another thing, but in the end I realized that I've come way too far. Plus I am feeling great both physically and mentally, my Seborrheic Dermatitis is clearing up both on my scalp and face (basically my whole t zone was affected). It's still there a bit but definitely 90% better than when I started. I've also lost 3 pants sizes!! I fit into a pair of pants that I accidentally bought at the beginning of the year but they were far too tight. I decided to keep them because my goal was to fit into them by the end of the year. Who knew it would happen before the end of the summer!!

I really need to get better at keeping this blog up to date but it's so hard to get computer time in when I'm home and I really don't prefer typing these long messages when I'm on my phone. 

Hope everyone is having an amazing day and to my #julywhole30 ers We are almost to the end! 1 more week, how's everyone doing? 

Here's my meals for the day so far

M1: Leftover Baked Tilapia Curry over 3 cups of spinach with tomatoes and cucumbers tossed in EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar.

M2: Leftover Bison Chili over some more spinach (not sure a couple of big handfuls) with 3 hard boiled eggs topped with guacamole

M3: Hasn't happened yet but since I'm at work it will be something easy to toss together. Probably 2 burger patties topped with guacamole, tomato, onion, jalapeno and mushrooms over a bed of greens topped with a few eggs sunnyside up. It may not be this but it sounds really good right now.

I absolutely cannot believe it's already day 29!! So many things have changed it's amazing. I literally went into this thinking that I would only see minimal changes but now I'm a believer!! I feel amazing. Motivated to exercise again (I was doing Bikini Body Mommy and made it to day 60 before I stopped). I have so much energy that I cleaned my entire apartment (except my room mates room) from top to bottom including baseboards and walls. I even got on my hands and knees and scrubbed the floors. Last time I did something that crazy was when I was pregnant 3 years ago and nesting. I have a few Non Scale Victories: I can safely say that my sugar dragon has been tamed. I seriously don't want to end my Whole30. I feel as though I could eat like this forever, I have so much patience and little things don't piss me off anymore. I'm not always grouchy and snappy or quick to anger, I feel like I am at peace. I feel so much lighter, not just weight wise but all around. Some of my clothes are fitting much better while others are completely falling off. I don't want to buy a lot of new ones until I lose more weight though. I feel amazing. I haven't felt this good since high school. I also feel like I have much more confidence and self esteem. Not sure if it's connected but I'm guessing it is. I'm quite overweight, something I have never wanted to admit to myself let alone on a forum of people I don't know. I usually hide in baggy clothes and slouch but since about the middle of week 3 I am walking taller and prouder. I can even look at myself in the mirror. I see the difference in my face, it's not so angry looking anymore. I'm also not turning to food for comfort anymore. That is the HUGEST victory yet. 

I also won some OMGHEE from posting a pic of Whole30 mayo I made on IG using #Julywhole30. I've never won anything before and it was super exciting haha.

Tomorrow is the last day! I can safely say that my #Julywhole30 has been a success.

Archived