Ali's Whole30 Log

Alisonlcarver

I am actually starting this log on Day #22, but I am a work in progress and can always use helpful advice and I welcome constructive criticism.

A little about me...I am 32 years old, female, 5'3", about 110-113 pounds (I feel like I look my best around 107-108; I am very small-framed) and am very active. I do an hour of cardio 5 times a week, and strength train 3 times a week.

I have many goals of the Whole30. It's so much more than getting skinny and losing abdomen inches...it's about getting healthy, making good choices, being in control, and so much more! I am looking forward to losing my cravings for sweets and junk food, being in control of my food choices and quantity consumed, losing my bloat and weight gain especially around the abdomen, and feeling better. I am looking forward to getting my satiety hormones working properly again, eating when hungry, stopping eating when full, and feeling satiated without feeling stuffed after a meal. I am looking forward to having food freedom once and for all!

I have not gotten rid of my sugar dragon yet, and have been eating about 2 fruit servings per day so far. I have decided to cut out fruit, including Larabars, for the reminder of my Whole30, to see if that helps any. Otherwise, I think my Whole30 is going fairly well, besides an occasional bout of constipation. I know, TMI.

B: 3 large scrambled cage-free eggs cooked in ghee, 1/2 large baked white potato with ghee, salt & pepper, some full-fat coconut cream--the solid portion of a can of coconut milk (did not measure, but probably 1/4 cup), herbal tea

I am actually starting this log on Day #22, but I am a work in progress and can always use helpful advice and I welcome constructive criticism.

A little about me...I am 32 years old, female, 5'3", about 110-113 pounds (I feel like I look my best around 107-108; I am very small-framed) and am very active. I do an hour of cardio 5 times a week, and strength train 3 times a week.

I have many goals of the Whole30. It's so much more than getting skinny and losing abdomen inches...it's about getting healthy, making good choices, being in control, and so much more! I am looking forward to losing my cravings for sweets and junk food, being in control of my food choices and quantity consumed, losing my bloat and weight gain especially around the abdomen, and feeling better. I am looking forward to getting my satiety hormones working properly again, eating when hungry, stopping eating when full, and feeling satiated without feeling stuffed after a meal. I am looking forward to having food freedom once and for all!

I have not gotten rid of my sugar dragon yet, and have been eating about 2 fruit servings per day so far. I have decided to cut out fruit, including Larabars, for the reminder of my Whole30, to see if that helps any. Otherwise, I think my Whole30 is going fairly well, besides an occasional bout of constipation. I know, TMI.

B: 3 large scrambled cage-free eggs cooked in ghee, 1/2 large baked white potato with ghee, salt & pepper, some full-fat coconut cream--the solid portion of a can of coconut milk (did not measure, but probably 1/4 cup), herbal tea

L: 1 sweet onion-flavored bubba burger, 1/2 large baked white potato with ghee, salt & pepper, sautéed mushrooms (sautéed in olive oil, salt & pepper), 1/8 cup homemade and compliant chipotle mayonnaise, 1 oz. macadamia nuts

I allow no more than 1 oz. nuts or 1 serving (2 T.) of almond butter a day, no more. I also usually don't eat so many high-carb starchy veggies in a day, but today is Sunday and Monday is grocery shopping day...you can put 2 and 2 together.

Archived