2nd time around after a fantastic dive into unwhole 60

Earlybird

Okay, this is it.  I'm doing it again.  I had a great experience the first time around but now i've fallen hard into the realm of sweets, bread, grains, alcohol and dairy.  I've put the 10 pounds that I lost 3 months ago back on.  Clothes are getting tight and then this weekend my back went out.  It's pathetic.  I've decided to put my foot down and nip this in the bud.  It's got to stop today.

Day 1 - Tuesday, 27 July 2015

Meal 1:  2 fried eggs in butter(I know, I know), 1/2 avocado, jasmine tea.

The thing is after my first successful Whole 30 I didn't have any problems during the reintroduction of foods, no allergies, nada. In my opinion, the most effective change from the experience was the palm-sized portions of meat and filling the plate with veg, the no snacking rule, no sugar, no alcohol, no wheat, and no grains.

This time around i'm not sure how big a difference it would make if I do use butter to fry my eggs.  That will be my limit into the realm of dairy.  I really don't miss it, but then again just a few days ago I was happily digging into Swedish pancakes with strawberries and a healthy (or is that unhealthy?) dose of whipped cream.

Meal 2:  2 roast chicken thighs, sauerkraut, apple, jasmine tea.

• Moderators

You simply would not be doing a Whole30 if you cook your eggs in butter. You would be doing the EarlyBird Program if you set the acceptable ingredients. You need to create your own program and follow it for a lifetime. If dairy is not a problem for you, it would be fine if you cook your eggs in it, but you can't call your custom program a Whole30. 

Your meal 1 included protein and fat, but no veggies. Avocado is a fat source, not really a veggie regardless of its botanical classification. And two eggs is very small. A more appropriate serving is the number you can hold in one hand and that is almost always 3 or even 4. 

Archived