I'm all in and I'm terrified

Amy79to06

I'm giving myself two weeks to prepare. I'm a self diagnosed food addict to the extreme. I can't have anything yummy around me. I eat whatever I can get my hands on, especially when I'm stressed in any sort of way. I make up reasons to eat poorly. I need to cut out all the crap to break my physical addiction and maybe that will help with my psychological addiction to food. Any encouragement or tips would be much appreciated. :)

My start date is August 4th.

• Moderators

My advice to you in the next two weeks leading up to your Whole30 would be to start making good choices and don't fall into the trap of binging on every bad thing you think you might miss during the 30 days. Start clearing out your cabinets of non compliant items... trash, donate to the foodbank or give to family and friends... don't feel the need to eat through it because it's there and you spent money on it.

Start drinking the recommended 1/2oz of water per pound of body weight so you're well hydrated when you start.

And try and spend the next two weeks thinking of non food things that you can use for stress relief when the going gets tough... walking, swimming, tea, chatting on the phone to a friend, adult coloring books, sudoku, crosswords, knitting. Distraction is definitely your friend when you're trying to fend off cravings.

And the last thing I would say is that Whole30 food IS YUMMY! And you get to have all that yummy food around you for 30 days. Use fat (coconut oil, lard, tallow, ghee) and seasonings (the options here are endless but the best resource for deliciously seasoned Whole30 food is the two Well Fed cookbooks). Your food does not have to be and should not be bland or boring. Think colorful, nutrient dense delicousness!

Archived