Egg-Free Whole 30

mochuisle

Still trying to wrap my head around my upcoming dietary changes. Grocery shopping this weekend should be interesting :)

Day 24 Log:

Breakfast - Butternut Squash & Sausage Sauté

Lunch - Salad w/ Red Peppers, Mango & Steak, Apple, Date Roll

Pre-Game Snack - Cashew Butter, Dried Cherries

Dinner - Chicken, Avocado Sauce, Cucumber Spears, Sweet Potato

Rainy miserable day to be a field hockey official :( I was too wet and cold to pick up stuff for dinner tonight, so I threw together stuff that was in my fridge and was W30 compliant.

Maine Marathon relay is in two days!! I'm psyched to get in some yoga tomorrow and fuel up for the race.

Day 25 Log:

Breakfast - Butternut Squash & Sausage Sauté

Lunch - Mexican Spice-Rubbed Rib Eye, Salad, Pear, Date Roll

Dinner - Chicken Sausage, Sweet Potato, Dried Cherries

WOW!! I just made the best swordfish I've ever had!! One of the many benefits of living in the great state of Maine is the easy access to relatively inexpensive seafood, but I've never been able to cook a really good piece of swordfish. Well, thanks to two different websites - mainly PaleOMG, but I got some help on roasting swordfish from Epicurious - success!! Check it out:

http://paleomg.com/grilled-swordfish-peach-avocado-salsa/

I tried to treat today as my Sunday - grocery shopping & farmers market are done, errands have been run, race packets are sitting across the living room from me. Meeting the girls at 7am - race begins at 7:45 - my leg should begin around 11. Bring it on!

Day 26 Log:

Breakfast - Buttercup Squash Porridge, 2 Hot Dogs

Lunch - Spinach Salad w/ Grilled Lamb, Tomatoes, Peppers, Olives

Dinner - Roasted Swordfish w/ Plum & Avocado Salsa, Swiss Chard, Mashed Sweet Potato

Finished the Maine Marathon relay!! It absolutely poured from the minute one of my girlfriends started the relay through the minute I crossed the finish line :) Best I've felt on a run in years. Two months ago - no W30 - I walked about 8:00 of a 5K and barely ran across the finish line. Today, I did 5.2 miles in about 1:06, walked about 3:00, and took the finish line like a champ! I did, however, run across the only downside I've seen on the W30 - no post-race pizza and beer :(

Now that the race is done, I just need to stay healthy for a full week of field hockey. Next weekend, I'm heading to Boston to cheer on my sister in a half-marathon and will stray off the W30 for a day or two, but I've got some new running goals falling into place so I'll get right back at it.

Day 27 Log:

Breakfast - Buttercup Squash Porridge, 2 Hot Dogs

Pre-Race - Cashew Butter

Lunch - Roasted Swordfish w/ Plum & Avocado Salsa, Swiss Chard, Mashed Sweet Potato

Dinner - Greek Beef Stew w/ Cauliflower "Rice" (http://marianutrition.blogspot.com/2010/06/stifatho-greek-stew.html)

I definitely react to eggs as I found out after working with a nutritionist via an elimnation diet. So i am grateful to find your log and see what you are doing without eggs. It is not easy for me as I had eggs probably four of seven days in the past and hard boiled eggs were an easy go to food, you know? I am on a quest to completely eliminate them for six months starting tomorrow when I start my Whole 30.

I completely feel your pain! I was eating a lot of eggs before I began dabbling with W30. Over the summer, I probably had 3-4 eggs a day, every day. I'd kill for eggs & avocado this morning ;)

Prepping breakfasts on Sundays has made it a lot easier. I've also found two butchers at our local farmers market who make sugar-free bacon and sausage. I'm going to try out the bacon for a sweet potato hash-brown recipe, hopefully this week! And I'm making pork sausage patties tonight for another breakfast option. Apparently the patties freeze well - which is perfect since I'm missing some quick & easy breakfast options. A bowl of cereal would be a lot easier, but I wouldn't feel this good!

I tried this new recipe for breakfast today:

http://www.health-bent.com/seafood/paleo-shrimp-and-grits

OMG!! Absolutely delicious - quick and easy to prepare - highly recommend!

I'm more excited to step on a scale on Thursday than maybe ever before in my life! I put on a pair of pants today that fit in the spring & were baggy through the hips and legs today :)

Day 29 Log:

Breakfast - Paleo Shrimp & Grits, Green Salad w Blueberries

Lunch - Greek Stew w Cauliflower "Rice"

Pre Game Snack - Cashew Butter

Dinner - Spicy Italian Zucchini w Chorizo, Zprunes

It's here! It's here!! Day 30!!!

For real, I'm excited for a little mental break, to see what my reintroduction shows, and to get on the GD scale. But. . . . I'm getting back on the plan (after back-to-back 40th birthday parties and a trip to Boston) until Thanksgiving. I'm being inspired by that Tumbler post that says, "It takes four weeks for you to notice your body changing, eight weeks for your friends, and twelve weeks for the rest of the world." Well, I've noticed and I'm psyched to see what an extra 5-6 weeks ail do.

Day 30 Log:

Breakfast - Paleo Shrimp & Grits, Green Salad w Blueberries

Lunch - Greek Stew w Cauliflower "Rice"

Snack - Apple w Cashew Butter

Dinner - Chicken Bacon Alfredo (from PaleOMG - http://paleomg.com/leftovers-chicken-bacon-alfredo/)

I found this thread because I've been looking for breakfast ideas. I haven't actually started W30 yet, but I'm preparing for it. Thanks for taking the time and being dedicated everyday to logging...very helpful for a newbie! :) Congrats on your successes so far!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived