Shawie's Whole30 Log (with Pictures!)

Shawie

Honestly keeping up with food journals has always been difficult for me.  For some reason writing down what I eat always end up feeling like work.   :wacko: HOWEVER I think I've found a way to keep record what I eat without losing track: BY TAKING PICTURES! :D  I think I can handle that, just take a snap shot every time I sit down and eat a meal.

So here is my Whole30 log - I will be updating this thread periodically so please feel free to make suggestions, comments, or question me. ;) I look forward to your feedback - I need all the motivation I can get!  As you can see I've made a boring start so again please feel free to chime in and suggest how you would change something or what other food I could add, etc. 

OK, here we go!  :lol:

Day 1 - Thursday, July 23, 2015 

Meal 1 - Eggs and spinach
pA1kg7Ll.jpg

Meal 2 - Chicken and brocolli

vHbmFjfl.jpg

Meal 3 - Chicken and green beans

kyxnIZgl.jpg

Day 2 - Friday, July 24, 2015

Meal 1 - Eggs, spinach, and garlic

Cn717g0l.jpg

Meal 2 - Pork neck bones soup with celery, carrots, onions, and red potatoes

OrEkgFgl.jpg

Meal 3 - Tilapia, spinach, and garlic

uLJcVbcl.jpg

Day 3 - Saturday, July 25, 2015

Meal 1 - Eggs, spinach, garlic, and avocado

x0tj6Cvl.jpg

Meal 2 - Tilapia, Spinach, garlic, and sweet potato slices

u87EEQIl.jpg

Meal 3 - Coconut Shrimp & Green Beans

(This is by far my favorite dish so far.  The coconut shrimp turned out marvelously!) 

nEqUtPIl.jpg

These meals look so good! I love that idea to post pics and for me it gave me so much inspiration.  I am starting my first W30 on Monday and am a bit freaked about what I am going to eat.  I dont know what meal plan to follow.  Did you follow a meal plan or just eat what you like? How long did you bake the sweet potato chips for?  I am a sucker for those as long as I dont chop off my hand slicing them.

These meals look so good! I love that idea to post pics and for me it gave me so much inspiration.  I am starting my first W30 on Monday and am a bit freaked about what I am going to eat.  I dont know what meal plan to follow.  Did you follow a meal plan or just eat what you like? How long did you bake the sweet potato chips for?  I am a sucker for those as long as I dont chop off my hand slicing them.

I use this list as a guide: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-shopping-list.pdfIf it's not on this list I question it. lol Oh my goodness I baked the sweet potato chips for the first time today and absolutely loved it!  It was super easy to make as well: Preheat oven to 375, slice the sweet potato, toss the slices in extra virgin olive oil and add paprika, lay each slice flat on baking pan (they can touch but not overlap) and bake it for 20-25 minutes. Good luck with Whole30!  I'm only three days in and surprisingly it's not as hard as I was fearing. My food choices feel incredibly limited, but at the same time I feel less pressure on deciding what to eat.

Day 4 - Sunday, July 26, 2015

Meal 1 - Three eggs, 1/2 avocado, and green peas

LUlBYE3l.jpg

Meal 2 - Mixed salad, tomato, and tilapia

5AcIFu5l.jpg

Meal 3 - Mixed salad, chicken sausage, sweet potatoes, and strawberries

8oIy87ml.jpg

Your food looks really yummy!

Unfortunately, I really hate to have to say this, but your green peas are legumes and aren't allowed.

Oh shucks!  I should have known better than to eat something that wasn't on the list without questioning it. :(  Back to day 1 I suppose! Ugh...

Day 1 - Monday, July 27, 2015

Meal 1 - Three eggs cooked in olive oil, avocado (1/2), chicken sausage, plum, and carrots.

N0eEKW7l.jpg

Meal 2 - Chicken sausage, green beans, and the carrots & banana I didn't eat earlier.

AKLyHiul.jpg

Meal 3 - Chicken sausage, sweet potatoes, green beans, arugula, and tomatoes.

b89S6Uhl.jpg

Day 2 - Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Meal 1 - Three eggs, carrots, arugula with olive oil, and a hotdog.

5cZqXkWl.jpg

Meal 2 - Chicken breast, sweet potatoes, arugula, apple, and celery

K61vqZSl.jpg

Meal 3 - Turkey meatballs, spinach, sweet potatoes, and an asian pear

oo4uVJLl.jpg

Day 3 - Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Meal 1 - Eggs, hot dog (Applegate - The Great Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dog), avocado, arugula, and plum.

k9zE0aol.jpg

Meal 2 - Turkey meatballs, zucchini, red potato, and arugula.

1pz2bREl.jpg

Meal 3 - Chicken breast, turkey meatballs, roasted cauliflower, sweet potato, and arugula.

hKAcNQAl.jpg

Day 4 - Thursday, July 30, 2015

Meal 1 - Three eggs, peppers, onion, mixed salad, avocado, and a grapefruit.

vqFfIxHl.jpg

Meal 2 - Sardines, mixed salad, olive oil, pecans, and a banana (note to self: never do this again no matter how bad the time crunch, yuck)

hgg3dRXl.jpg

Meal 3 - Grilled Sockeye Salmon with cilantro salad (olive oil, onion, jalapeno, and lime), avocado, zucchini, and sweet potatoes (YUMMY)

RJQkJiHl.jpg

Day 5 - Friday, July 31, 2015

Meal 1 - Salmon leftovers, sweet potato, mixed salad and a plum

HpYuPtGl.jpg

Meal 2 - Sushi (Shashimi) with salad and coconut aminos

TNLfuWvl.jpg

Meal 3 - Chicken Sausage, mixed salad, and an asian pear

o6Sijl0l.jpg

Day 6 - Saturday, August 1, 2015

Meal 1 - Eggs, Chicken Sausages, avocado, and mixed salad

D0mY972l.jpg

Meal 2 - Boiled Eggs, hot dog, avocado, and mixed salad

ixSbCikl.jpg

Meal 3 - Hot dog and mixed salad

dudnx8Ll.jpg

Day 7 - Sunday, August 2, 2015

Meal 1 - Eggs, peppers, onion, avocado, and mixed salad

FCscTnCl.jpg

Meal 2 - Steak and Asparagus

bHXsDZKl.jpg

Meal 3 - Milkfish, mixed salad, and yams

433ZmlQl.jpg

Re: Chicken livers - cooked very simply; season w s & p (a pinch of garlic powder, if you like), fry over med-high heat in olive oil and butter. But before the chicken livers I saute chopped onions (seasoned w s & p) until soft, adding a clove of garlic,chopped, for last 30 seconds. Remove veggies but leave oil and juices to cook chicken livers in. :-)

If you have any leftover, try a liver pate - leftover chicken livers & onions, 2 Tbl spoons of butter, fresh torn herbs (I like thyme & oregano), pinch of salt & pepper (I like pink or a mix of peppers). Pulse in food processor until "roughly" smooth. Easy and delicious! Good w HB egg in it, too. You can eat it like it is or as a dip for fresh veggies.

Hope you like it!

Kathleen

Re: Chicken livers - cooked very simply; season w s & p (a pinch of garlic powder, if you like), fry over med-high heat in olive oil and butter. But before the chicken livers I saute chopped onions (seasoned w s & p) until soft, adding a clove of garlic,chopped, for last 30 seconds. Remove veggies but leave oil and juices to cook chicken livers in. :-)

If you have any leftover, try a liver pate - leftover chicken livers & onions, 2 Tbl spoons of butter, fresh torn herbs (I like thyme & oregano), pinch of salt & pepper (I like pink or a mix of peppers). Pulse in food processor until "roughly" smooth. Easy and delicious! Good w HB egg in it, too. You can eat it like it is or as a dip for fresh veggies.

Hope you like it!

Kathleen

Thanks I will have to try it! ;)

Did u make the sushi? Looks so good

No... I wouldn't trust myself to choose the right fish. ;)  My husband and I went out for sushi that day. I brought my own coconut aminos and just had the sashimi and i made sure to emphasize that I want nothing but vegetables in my salad. lol My husband lucked out and was able to enjoy two miso soups because I couldn't eat obviously. haha

Day 9 - Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Meal 1 - Eggs, chicken sausage, avocado, and spinach
QCaUyaHl.jpg

Meal 2 - Chicken Sausage, salmon, avocado, spinach

yaUKKEWl.jpg

Meal 3 - Chicken liver and mixed salad

hSPTHFLl.jpg

Day 10 - Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Meal 1 - Ground turkey with onion and garlic, avocado, and mixed salad

cmH45ZQl.jpg

Meal 2 - Hard boiled eggs, ground turkey, zucchini and carrots

87OMqHyl.jpg

Meal 3 - Squash, spinach, and two hot dogs.

Zxo9R1yl.jpg

Day 11 - Thursday, August 6, 2015

Meal 1 - Eggs, hot dog, spinach, squash, and a banana.

Ntu7uHRl.jpg

Meal 2 - Ground turkey, hot dog, avocado, and mixed salad

QwtvnfKl.jpg

Meal 3 - Coconut and curry tilapia with mixed salad.
7VY7ohul.jpg

Great pictures! How long does it usually take for you to make your meals? And how do you find the bite variety within your meals? I typically find that if I'm trying to eat clean, I always end up with soup, or something steamed, versus crunchy.

Great pictures! How long does it usually take for you to make your meals? And how do you find the bite variety within your meals? I typically find that if I'm trying to eat clean, I always end up with soup, or something steamed, versus crunchy.

Thank you!  The time it takes to make each meal varies.  Most of them I would say it takes 15 minutes max.  If there are any dishes that I've posted pictures in this thread feel free to ask about them and I will be happy to walk through the prepping/cooking process.  I haven't attempted making soup other than that one time I used pork neck bones, (which I found out really quick is a bit fatty no matter how much I tried to skim the fat out.) I hear some people have a hard time with eating raw veggies but it hasn't been too much of a problem for me for my salads.  I just make sure to take small bites and just chew well (never gulp). 

Love your meal ideas!

Thank you! ;)

Day 12, Friday August 8, 2015

Meal 1 - Tilapia, apple, and mixed greens

OQd5H67l.jpg

Meal 2 - 2 Hot dogs, avocado, spinach, and carrots

29st9i1l.jpg

Meal 3 - Tilapia, cauliflower, and mixed salad

TZA4PD2l.jpg

Day 13 - August 8, 2015

Meal 1 - Three eggs, cauliflower, avocado, and spinach

GzVo73sl.jpg

Meal 2 - Coconut and garlic chicken, spinach, and sweet potatoes

prOaRsyl.jpg

Meal 3 - Coconut and garlic chicken, mixed salad (with strawberries and onion), and rutabaga on the side

naz6Bsnl.jpg

Day 14 - Sunday August 9, 2015

Meal 1 - Eggs, avocado, and mixed salad with strawberries on the side

PnqsHJEl.jpg

Meal 2 - Left over coconut garlic chicken, tilapia, and mixed greens with onion

qKdRO3Jl.jpg

Meal 3 - Baked chicken breast and mixed salad

euqAOgNl.jpg

Day 13, Monday, August 10, 2015

Meal 1 - Eggs, avocado, and mixed salad

rDjUmlVl.jpg

Meal 2 - Chicken Sausage, avocado, and spinach