Day 8 - Started July 21st (after failed attempt on July 20th)

Irish Girl

I'm new to Whole 30 but really liking it so far. I've had a couple rough days but overall I'm feeling pretty good and empowered. I started at the recommendation of my doctor. Maybe a more experienced Whole30er can answer something for me. Is it weird that on Day 6 I really started to feel like I was understanding what my body was needing as far as nourishment goes - protein, fruit, veggies, fat? I'm thinking it was all in my head because it was too soon into the program but thought I'd ask because I feel like I've really been paying attention to my hunger and what my body is hungry for. Since then, I've been eating according to that and really do feel satisfied with smaller amounts of the "right" fuel. Am I just going crazy or is this possible this early?

• Moderators

Hi Irish Girl

Lower quantities of nutritious food will definitely fuel you better and more efficiently than higher quantities of junk and it's definitely possible that you are learning to hear what you body is asking for.

I would seriously caution you against eating less than the minimum of the template recommendations tho, regardless of whether you 'feel' hungry or not. Often it takes a while for hunger signals to manifest properly... in the SAD world, they've often been ignored or overruled and that's also something that needs healing.

If you can post two or three days of your intake including portion sizes, activity levels and fluid intake, we can have a look at how you're doing and see if there's anything to tweak until your hunger signals are healed and trustworthy!

Archived