Starting Aug 11th

Zyriel

Hi just a quick update...had bloodwork done over the weekend and my A1c is lower than it has been in over 15 years, and I am now using using only 1/3 the daily insulin from pre whole30. I have had only two actual splurge meals but really am finding myself satisfied with a taste here and there. Thrilled to have re-introduced pb, but the only one I will eat has two ingredients, peanuts and salt. Skippy super chunk is a distant memory. And, funny story (at least to me), I ate one of my sister's French fries after dipping in the Heinz ketchup. HATED it...felt like I was eating some bizarre version of tomato pudding or something. NEVER did I dream my preferences could change radically and in only 30 days. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay for improved numbers!

I'm going in for a "biometrics screening" at work tomorrow which includes a cheapy cholesterol test. But I have been doing them for a few years now so I get compare. I'm really looking forward to it. Down side is I have to fast, so breakfast (M1) will be late tomorrow.

I was having fries with ketchup and mayo at a restaurant tonight and I could tell there was sugar in the mayo. It was the weirdest thing. Why would you do that? Mayo is good all on its own.

I'm also STILL working through re-intros... Day 63 and I still have 5 re-intro days I haven't done, and a few I'd like to re-do. It's a long haul over here. :)

Oh, have you made your own ketchup yet? I was shocked to learn it has clove in it, which I didn't used to like... but found myself putting extra in my ketchup cause it makes it taste so good.

Archived