Britishgal's whole52 *chocolate weakness day* another whole29 then beyond...

Britishgal

So we coped with chopped up fruit in the cinema (well he did, I abstained)...

On the way back home we stopped at the supermarket for some steak (his choice for Saturday night dinner) and I bought some lovely new teas (twinings "cherry bakewell" green tea and rhubarb & blackcurrant). I'm hoping that developing a new tea drinking habit will help with the chocolate cravings...I love white tea & mint as well as camomile but rarely remember to actually make any! Like a liquid treat. A conscious craving replacement.

Chocolate is proving again to be my nemesis. I'm even putting off buying the fancy chocolate without soy or anything nasty in case it leads to serious chocolate overload (think the Mayor in Chocolat waking up in the window of the chocolatier on Easter Sunday kind of binge)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am now addicted to tea. I even added loose lavender leaves in an infuser to camomile tea last night and it was delish...I knew there was a reason I bought 3 fruit shaped silicon tea infusers last year from Hong Kong and I really didn't just buy them because they were adorable!!

One thing I've just tried is adding a teaspoon of raw cocoa powder to a cup of peppermint tea and it gives a slight chocolate tinge that was lovely. I may try some in other teas...raspberry with cocoa could be nice? Or cocoa powder infused with my homemade almond extract? So far (it's been over an hour so I think I'm safe) it hasn't led to any cheap I chocolate cravings which is good...plus cocoa has health benefits or so I'm telling myself ;)

I feel like I may be learning to ride my own bike after all!!

Next step may be that proper artisan chocolate after all...

Still loving tea ;)

I've altered a rugby top and done 4 loads of washing/drying so far this morning with another load in...I'm not sure if I can go down and up the stairs again to the dryer so I may have to start going down on my bum!

I also cooked some lamb mince I took out of the freezer last night for lunch and leftovers...500g with two red onions, 1/2 punnet of mushrooms, an aubergine, a tin of tomatoes, a chicken stock cube in 1/2 tin full of hot water, a handful of chopped almonds, a handful of almond slices, a bag of baby spinach and pinches of thyme, oregano and parsley. Cooked on the stove for about an hour...

Just ate a 1/3 of it for lunch topped with crumbled feta

Yum!

Archived