Started July 25th: Amazing Program

Theshrakes

Well, I have been looking in the mirror a lot as I begin the last week of my initial Whole 30 challenge! My husband and I challenged together! I have had lots of compliments on my appearance and a friend told me that I had "baggy pants"; she then asked what I was doing and she started Whole 30 the next day (she is in Day 3). I will probably continue Whole 30 for an additional 30 days. Anyone have any cons to not starting "reintroduction" on day 31? I would love to hear some thoughts!

• Administrators

Well, I have been looking in the mirror a lot as I begin the last week of my initial Whole 30 challenge! My husband and I challenged together! I have had lots of compliments on my appearance and a friend told me that I had "baggy pants"; she then asked what I was doing and she started Whole 30 the next day (she is in Day 3). I will probably continue Whole 30 for an additional 30 days. Anyone have any cons to not starting "reintroduction" on day 31? I would love to hear some thoughts!

Congratulations on your progress so far!  There are no cons to not doing reintros on Day 31 if you are going to keep going with another Whole30.  If you are planning to just sort of "drift" through the next 30 days being sort-of-Whole30, you are missing the opportunity to test certain foods with your perfectly clean slate.  Lots of people do Whole45, Whole60 or even Whole90 or Whole100 and don't do reintroductions until they are done.  This is completely fine.  But do make sure you do them at whatever point "the end" is for you.   :)

Edited to clarify: I'm not implying that you are going to drift through the next 30 days being sort of compliant....just answering in a way that others who come across this thread understand that reintros at the end of whatever period of compliance you get to (anything from 30 onwards) is really important.  :)

Archived