Bratqueen's Whole60

Bratqueen

Tomorrow is day one of my Whole60.

Yes, I'm actually planning a full 60 day stretch.  It's a period before the holidays, with no special events besides Sunday football, and I've become a pro at salads, appetizers, and kick-butt chicken wings that are not only Whole30 compliant, but all of my non-paleo eating friends love.

And god bless them, they've adapted enough to my way of eating that they will either point out the things I can eat, or call me before-hand and let me know that I'm on my own.  I don't expect them to cater to me, but I'm so blessed that they care enough, that they're aware of the way I choose to eat.

Sometimes, there's something 'worth it' that I'll indulge in, but for the next 60 days, I'll just be bringing compliant dishes for everyone to share.

Just under a year and a half ago, I weighed 389 pounds, now, after a couple of Whole30s, and mostly paleo the remainder of the time, I'm at 309.  Immensely proud of that.

Moreso, I'm almost out of pre-diabetic range, and have lower blood pressure.  My ultimate goal is to get off the meds altogether.

However, I can feel the desire to off-road coming more frequently, I'm sure as a side effect of the grueling Spring/Summer I've had at work, so I'm in need of a hard reset before Fall/holidays hit.

Here we go...   :D

Breakfast:

Leftover roasted chicken

Sliced tomatoes

Small handful of cashews

Cold-brew coffee (Oh my GOD, why did nobody tell me this stuff was so amazing?) with cashew milk

Lunch:

Sliced Turkey breast

Artichoke hearts

Olives

Cantaloupe

Dinner:

Sliced Turkey Breast

Salami

Nori wrapping for the first two

Mixed fresh fruit cup

Sliced tomatoes

Kombucha

Day Three:

Breakfast:

Sliced turkey Breast

Artichoke hearts

Cold-brew with coconut milk

Lunch:

The last of the sliced turkey.  LOL

Pineapple

Olives

Leftover Artichoke hearts from breakfast

Dinner:

Leftover butter chicken over zoodles

Tomato and cucumber salad

Before bed:

Cup of bone broth

Probably going to throw a pot of beef stew/soup/whatever on the stove later, for meals to finish out the rest of the week, and clean out the fridge.

Day Four:

Breakfast:

Tuna

Apple

Olives

Artichokes

Cold-brew with Coconut Milk

Lunch:

None - Today was complete suckage at work.  Lunch sat in the fridge, and I didn't get to it.  I barely got a chance to go to the bathroom.  I did drink water, and finally ate what I'd brought at...

Dinner:

Tuna

Apple

Olives

The leftover artichokes from breakfast.

Got home at about 10:15, and had some bone broth.

Today though, I had a win.

Box of donuts sitting on the counter by the copier all day, and I didn't touch them.  Which was easy, until after everyone had left, and I was hungry, and tired.

Took a deep breath, got another glass of water, turned up the music and ignored them.

Day 6:

Breakfast:

Sausage links

Tomatoes

Apple

Cold brew with coconut milk

Lunch:

Grilled salmon

Olives

Pineapple

Kombucha

Dinner:

Last of the butter chicken

Zucchini noodles

Tomatoes (edited to add with lemon garlic vinaigrette)

Before bed:

Cup of bone broth

I decided that I didn't feel like cleaning today, or doing much of anything, really.  So, I watched movies, and did food prep for the week, mason jar style.  This has worked really well for me on work weeks, because I don't have to think or prep in the mornings, just grab the jars, and put them in a bag, and go.

I also found a mason jar attachment for my vacuum sealer, which worked on everything but the leftover stew I jarred up for dinners.

So for reference this week:

Breakfast jars:

Sauerkraut (Mom's homemade)

Roasted potatoes

Hardboiled egg

Green onions

Piece of bacon

Black olives

Also an additional jar with fresh strawberries

Lunch Jars:

Tessemae's Lemonette

Cucumber

Red Pepper

Carrots

Tomatoes

Green onion

Also will be tuna or compliant lunchmeat eaten along with those

Dinner jars are just leftovers from the huge pot of stew that I made.  I'll throw a couple of those in the freezer, so they stay good throughout the week.

The Stew was made from:

Grassfed stew meat

Carrots

Celery

Potatoes

Cabbage

Bare Bones Beef Broth

11888002_1467755400194742_61328070851265

Tuesday - Day 9

Breakfast:

Breakfast jars

Cold brew with Coconut milk

Lunch:

Lunch Jar

...and whoops, forgot a protein...

Dinner:

Beef Stew

Duck eggs over Sauerkraut

Olives

(Boy, that lack of protein kicked me in the butt...I was STARVING at dinnertime.  But a bigger Whole 30 meal for the win.  No junk.)

Day 10:

Breakfast:

Breakfast Jars

Lunch:

Lunch Jar

Tuna

Dinner:

The last of the beef stew...and I was sorry to see that go.  Best stew I think I've ever made.  It was just beef, veggies, potatoes, and Bare Bones Broth...but it was amazing.

Small handful of cashews.

Friday - Day 12

Breakfast:

Wasn't hungry, and was really rushed, so I just had coffee this morning.

Lunch:

Sliced turkey and Salami

Mango

Dinner:

Scrambled eggs

Sliced tomato

I pretty much wasn't hungry today, so I just went with it.  Once in a while I'm just not, and unless it lasts more than a day or two, I don't pay a lot of attention.

Saturday  - Day 13

No breakfast, just coffee...still not hungry

Lunch - finally hungry again.

AND, it was a successful dining out at Olive Garden.

Salmon, cooked with herbs and olive oil (Instead of butter)

Broccoli, steamed, and then I put olive oil, salt and pepper on it.

Salad, without croutons and pepperoncinis(sp?) dressed with vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.  3 plates of it, because I was hungry FINALLY.

Dinner:

Homemade Chicken Stew

Sunday - Day 14

No Breakfast, slept in really late.  I'd had a chiropractic adjustment on Saturday, and was sore and tired today.

Lunch:

Eggs

bacon

Roasted potatoes

Sauerkraut

Dinner:

Sliced Turkey

Tomatoes and cucumbers with Tessemae's ranch dressing

Breakfast:

Cold-brew with Coconut Milk

Roasted sweet potatoes

Sausage

egg/veggie muffins

olives

sauerkraut

Lunch:

Leftover Chicken Stew

Pineapple Canteloupe

Small pile of raw veggies from a veggie tray

Dinner:

Hot Dogs with garlic-dill mustard

sauerkraut

Mango

I just looked at your post for the first time and want to say YOU ARE AMAZING AND A TOTAL INSPIRATION. Congratulations on your success with the program. I have much weight to lose and will keep you as a little angel on my shoulder for inspiration. I love your prep idea w/mason jars.

Than you and may you/we go from strength to strength!!!

NY2LA2MONTREAL, thank you so much...that was really lovely of you to say.  <3  

I have much weight to lose as well.  At this point, I'm lower than I've been in over ten years, so that's what's keeping me going.  And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at the end of this Whole 30+ round, I'll be able to get off the Metformin and the cholesterol meds.  I've managed to cut down my Atenolol successfully.

The Mason jars are really cool, but they take more prep than I'm willing to do every single week.  This week, I've been just cooking large batches of things, and eating until they're gone.

Best of luck in your journey!

Tuesday, Day 16:

Breakfast:

Coffee (I was out of cold brew, so I had to drink the crappy work stuff)

Sausage

Egg/Veggie muffins

Roasted sweet potatoes

Lunch:

Leftover Chicken Stew

Dinner:

Pico de Gallo (Yes, by itself with a spoon, don't judge me, I like it.  LOL)

Mixed fresh fruit

Meatloaf (Not a whole serving, to test a new recipe)

Tuna (Small can)

Tomato

Roasted Potatoes (Couple of bites to test what I batch cooked)

NY2LA2MONTREAL, thank you so much...that was really lovely of you to say.  <3  

I have much weight to lose as well.  At this point, I'm lower than I've been in over ten years, so that's what's keeping me going.  And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at the end of this Whole 30+ round, I'll be able to get off the Metformin and the cholesterol meds.  I've managed to cut down my Atenolol successfully.

The Mason jars are really cool, but they take more prep than I'm willing to do every single week.  This week, I've been just cooking large batches of things, and eating until they're gone.

Best of luck in your journey!

We are on this journey together....and what a ride it will be....Enjoy and let's keep each other posted.

Breakfast:

Pineapple

Sausage

Egg/Veggie muffins

Roasted sweet potatoes

Lunch:

Leftover Chicken Stew

Dinner:

Meatloaf 

(This was the one I made last night...tons of leftovers, and lots of veggies in it...thought I forgot the bacon.  LOL

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/4410757185/super-porktastic-bacon-topped-spinach-and-mushroom)

Tomato and cucumber salad with Tessemae's Lemon Garlic

Roasted Potatoes 

Breakfast:

Pineapple

Sausage

Egg/Veggie muffins

Roasted sweet potatoes

Lunch:

Leftover Chicken Stew

Dinner:

Meatloaf 

(This was the one I made last night...tons of leftovers, and lots of veggies in it...thought I forgot the bacon.  LOL

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/4410757185/super-porktastic-bacon-topped-spinach-and-mushroom)

Tomato and cucumber salad with Tessemae's Lemon Garlic

Roasted Potatoes 

So like your meals are chopped liver!   How do you make your egg/veggie muffins and I looked at the meatloaf recipe. looks delsih..I think I will try it but without the bacon....it is so hard to find bacon in Montreal that has NO SUGAR.  Oh well, but it looks like it will be fine w/o it. 

This weekend....is "roasting veggies/potatoes" weekend.  and going to see the RODIN exhibit at the art museum.

Archived