Bratqueen's Whole60

Bratqueen

So like your meals are chopped liver!   How do you make your egg/veggie muffins and I looked at the meatloaf recipe. looks delsih..I think I will try it but without the bacon....it is so hard to find bacon in Montreal that has NO SUGAR.  Oh well, but it looks like it will be fine w/o it. 

This weekend....is "roasting veggies/potatoes" weekend.  and going to see the RODIN exhibit at the art museum.

The meatloaf is delicious...even cold.  :)

I love a lot of the recipes I find on NNP...they're easy, and they just taste good.

And I hear you about the bacon.  A year and a half to find bacon without added sweetener locally.  I'd even tried begging local butchers to make it, at no avail.  You don't need it for the recipe, though.  It's good anyway. (I made it with a mix of pork, sirloin, and turkey.)

I'm picking up my monthly meat order, getting together with friends, that kind of stuff.  And Im thinking about making another pot of beef stew, and maybe a shepherd's pie.  Depends on how frisky I get...and how long it takes me to eat the meatloaf.  LOL

Breakfast:

Cold brew with Coconut milk

Pineapple

Sausage

Egg/Veggie muffins

Roasted sweet potatoes

Lunch:

Leftover Chicken Stew

Dinner:

Meatloaf 

Tomato and cucumber salad with Tessemae's Lemon Garlic

Roasted Potatoes

OK I am intrigued by your egg muffins and chicken stew... care to share the recipes. The muffins seem very "expeditious" for want of a better word thanks :-)

Oh, and sorry, the egg muffins.

I just chop up whatever veggies are handy, put them in greased muffin tins, and will them up with beaten egg.

This week was red pepper, onions, and mushrooms.

Sorry didn't see this post before my recent post --- but how long do you bake them for and at what temp. They sound delish

OK I am intrigued by your egg muffins and chicken stew... care to share the recipes. The muffins seem very "expeditious" for want of a better word thanks :-)

I'm one of those awful people that cooks things like soups and stews kind of by instinct.

I started with bare bones broth (I've just learned to keep it on hand) and local chicken, cooked those in the pressure cooker...maybe 20 minutes after it reached the pressure point.

Released the pressure and threw in potatoes, cabbage, carrots, celery, and put it under pressure until they were done...another 20 minutes or so?

I actually found something that (other than the pressure cooker) kind of simulates how I make soup...

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/3615437715/garbage-soup

And as for the muffins...same deal, I cook them at 375, and start eyeballing them after about 15 minutes, and when they're all nice and puffed up, they're done.

If you're looking for a recipe, here's a great one...close to mine, but I don't make the 'cups.'

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7486819479/prosciutto-wrapped-mini-frittata-muffins

LOL

I'm of no help with this, I'm sorry.

Friday - Day 19

Breakfast:

Cold brew with Coconut milk

Pineapple

Sausage

Egg/Veggie muffins

Roasted sweet potatoes

Lunch:

Leftover Chicken Stew...but I didn't get a chance to eat it.  Work was a madhouse.

Dinner:

Meatloaf 

sliced tomatoes

Small handful of cashews

I'm one of those awful people that cooks things like soups and stews kind of by instinct.

I started with bare bones broth (I've just learned to keep it on hand) and local chicken, cooked those in the pressure cooker...maybe 20 minutes after it reached the pressure point.

Released the pressure and threw in potatoes, cabbage, carrots, celery, and put it under pressure until they were done...another 20 minutes or so?

I actually found something that (other than the pressure cooker) kind of simulates how I make soup...

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/3615437715/garbage-soup

And as for the muffins...same deal, I cook them at 375, and start eyeballing them after about 15 minutes, and when they're all nice and puffed up, they're done.

If you're looking for a recipe, here's a great one...close to mine, but I don't make the 'cups.'

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7486819479/prosciutto-wrapped-mini-frittata-muffins

LOL

I'm of no help with this, I'm sorry.

And you are apologizing for what???????

You have been a tremendous help. Thanks for all this info---going out to get more eggs --- never have enough eggs LOL

Monday Day 22

Brunch:

Eggs

Sauerkraut

Bacon

Tomatoes

Dinner:

Kind of a riff on loco moco...

Eggs

Meatloaf

Mashed potatoes

Bone broth gravy

Carrots

(I had leftover meatloaf still, and extra mash from making the shephard's pie I made tonight for lunches this week, so I just started throwing things together.  There was enough of the concoction left over for breakfast tomorrow.)

Archived