Newbie Starting on Aug.24th

smarta

Hello from St.Catharines, ON!

I have never done anything like this before. I am excited and anxious to give this a go.

For the most part I eat well except my job does not allow me to move around and I am a serial snacker.

My teen daughter has expressed interest in doing the program with me which I think will make it easier. As for the rest of the family, they will follow along, but they won't be as restricted.

I only eat breakfast on the week-ends, so cooking first thing in the morning is going to be challenging. I may have to cook the night before and just re-heat my food. I guess I have more bad habits than I first realized. Hmm.

Cheers!

Marta

• Administrators

I only eat breakfast on the week-ends, so cooking first thing in the morning is going to be challenging. I may have to cook the night before and just re-heat my food. I guess I have more bad habits than I first realized. Hmm.

HI Marta, nice to see Canadians on the boards!  :)

Prepping the night before or even on the weekend is crucial to many for making sure they get a proper breakfast in.  As an example, last weekend I did a 5# pork shoulder in the crockpot and shredded it into pulled pork and put it in a container.  Then, also on the weekend, I diced 2 sweet onions, 4 bell peppers, 2# green beans all into separate ziploc bags.  And I roasted 6 sweet potatoes and threw those into a ziploc bag too.

So all this week, when I got out of the shower I would pull out a frying pan, throw a bit of each item into the pan with some fat, put the heat on medium, cover with a lid and go do my "get ready" routine.  Once I was done, it was done.  Then plate, wash pan, eat, plate into dishwasher.  Total week morning effort: 4 minutes.  :)

Archived