Started Whole30 on August 18

enna44

Hello! I am brand new to this forum. My husband, daughter (age 10) and I started the Whole30 on August 18th. We have two more children ages 2 and 8 and our 8 year old is not happy AT ALL with the changes.  We've made some minor adjustments to his diet, but he is generally eating what he ate before. Would love some support for helping a household where some are doing the challenge and some are not. 

We are now on Day 6. Seems like a long road ahead and am looking forward to seeing posts from this community. 

Anne

I started on Aug 18 also. This is my 2nd W30; I did one in Feb 2014. I am married with three kids, two of whom are young adults and responsible enough to figure out their own meals if they don't like what I'm making. Basically, I keep it pretty simple, serving healthy proteins and veggies. I still will prepare a rice or pasta at the request of hubby, I just don't eat it. I think it's easy to over complicate meal planning by trying to recreate 'favorite' dishes to be compliant.

I successfully kept to the plan last year and dropped nearly 20 lbs in the process, sadly though, I fell off the wagon during a family trip to Paris...struggled since then.

So, here I am recommitting myself to W30 because I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, and I know I can improve things.

I found it helpful to invite my youngest into the kitchen to help prepare foods...amazing how much more willing kids are to eat something they have helped make!

Good luck!!

J

I too started on Aug 18 so today is day 7!!  I have felt great except for some occasional headaches.  Today however, I am so tired, irritable, and just feel "out of it"!!  Any feedback from anyone?  I also have my 15 year old starting with me and today is his day one!!  He is excited about it as am I because I will have someone doing it with me.

BTW, I was a HUGE coffee and diet soda girl prior to starting this.  I did expect headaches and am grateful that I am almost over the hump!!  The first night on my diet, I was nauseas from it but now, much better!  Drinking black green tea and tons if water!! I could not handle black coffee...YUCK!!!

Good luck to you!

Collette

I totally get the family/household thing.  My twin daughters, age 11, are not doing the diet so it has been really hard because i am basically cooking two meals!! One awesome thing I found that meets diet criteria is Trader Joe's roasted plantain chips!!!  I love them and they are something crunchy and different.  I eat them with homemade salsa, nuts, and you can crush them over your salad for a crunch.

I totally get the family/household thing. My twin daughters, age 11, are not doing the diet so it has been really hard because i am basically cooking two meals!! One awesome thing I found that meets diet criteria is Trader Joe's roasted plantain chips!!! I love them and they are something crunchy and different. I eat them with homemade salsa, nuts, and you can crush them over your salad for a crunch.

Um, sorry, commercially prepared chips are out on a Whole30. See "chips" in the Can I Have Guide.

http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

Archived