NancyW's Whole30 Life - Chapter 1

NancyW

Day 16!

M1: Brunch casserole w/ red pepper

M2: Chili, avocado

M3: Pork tenderloin, red peppers, green beans w/ EVOO & ghee

Dinner today was SO good! Simple works really well for me.

I'm not feeling the tiger blood yet, but I'm feeling good anyway. I'm glad I'm doing this, and will probably make this part of a permanent lifestyle change. I'm enjoying the total lack of cravings, and the ability to go from meal to meal without constantly thinking about food. I didn't think either of those could happen, yet here I am. I'm blown away by the support I've gotten while doing this. Family, friends, coworkers, all are curious and encouraging. And the people on "our" thread on the forum have been an amazing group to do this with! Of course, I've heard plenty of "When can you eat regularly again?" and "When can you drink again?" from some of those non-forum people... My answer would be that I'm not sure. I may continue to do this longer than 30 days. It would be good to go into the holidays with a solid Whole30 attitude! Nothing else I've ever done has had this much impact! Thank you, Whole30!!! 

Day 16!

M1: Brunch casserole w/ red pepper

M3: Pork tenderloin, red peppers, green beans w/ EVOO & ghee

Dinner today was SO good! Simple works really well for me.

I'm not feeling the tiger blood yet, but I'm feeling good anyway. I'm glad I'm doing this, and will probably make this part of a permanent lifestyle change. I'm enjoying the total lack of cravings, and the ability to go from meal to meal without constantly thinking about food. I didn't think either of those could happen, yet here I am. I'm blown away by the support I've gotten while doing this. Family, friends, coworkers, all are curious and encouraging. And the people on "our" thread on the forum have been an amazing group to do this with! Of course, I've heard plenty of "When can you eat regularly again?" and "When can you drink again?" from some of those non-forum people... My answer would be that I'm not sure. I may continue to do this longer than 30 days. It would be good to go into the holidays with a solid Whole30 attitude! Nothing else I've ever done has had this much impact! Thank you, Whole30!!! 

Hi Nancy,

I agree with everything you said about the support of the forum.  It is a great motivator and support system and made the day to day fun.  

FYI, my husband and I finished the WHOLE 30 last Friday and are continuing eating this way.  We love the food and all the recipes we can make.  I even ate at a restaurant Sunday and today and maintained the WHOLE 30 100%. 

I am so glad for you and me and my husband that we found this.

Keep going from strength to strength.....every day is worth it.

GOOD LUCK

Hi Nancy,

I agree with everything you said about the support of the forum.  It is a great motivator and support system and made the day to day fun.  

FYI, my husband and I finished the WHOLE 30 last Friday and are continuing eating this way.  We love the food and all the recipes we can make.  I even ate at a restaurant Sunday and today and maintained the WHOLE 30 100%. 

I am so glad for you and me and my husband that we found this.

Keep going from strength to strength.....every day is worth it.

GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the input, NY2LA2MONTREAL! I've been collecting recipes like crazy, and look forward to trying them all. I haven't had to deal with eating out yet, but I have a plan ready to go for many of the places I might end up at. What a journey this has been, and will continue to be!

Day 17!

M1: 3 HB eggs, sliced red pepper, cashews, 2 plums (I think I waited too long to eat the plums--it was a good hour after I finished the rest of M1.)

M3: Pork tenderloin with salsa, tomatoes, red pepper, and since I didn't use much oil to brown the meat, I had a spoonful of almond butter.

Some meals, it's easy to add fat. But for so long, my habit has been to cook low fat, and that's still a hard habit to break if I'm not seriously thinking about it! If only I liked olives... I have got to figure out a better way to add fat to some of my meals. How many avocados can one eat in a day?  :P

Day 18!

M1: 3 HB eggs, yellow grape tomatoes, raw cashews

M3: Beef with veggies & curry sauce in EVOO, green beans & clarified butter

Dinner was kind of an experiment. I threw a bunch of stuff together and hoped for the best. It was ok--not great, but easy! 

Day 18!

M1: 3 HB eggs, yellow grape tomatoes, raw cashews

M3: Beef with veggies & curry sauce in EVOO, green beans & clarified butter

Dinner was kind of an experiment. I threw a bunch of stuff together and hoped for the best. It was ok--not great, but easy! 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained :D   Tomorrow I am attempting roasting beets - that should be fun. :lol:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained :D   Tomorrow I am attempting roasting beets - that should be fun. :lol:

Ha! You'll look like you spent your day tie-dying t-shirts in Rit red!!! I really want to love beets, but I just haven't been able to. I did make a jicama/beet salad with oil & vinegar dressing that was ok. Maybe I should try roasting them. Or maybe I should wait till I hear how your effort went!!!  :P

Day 19!

M1: Sweet potato, sausage, red pepper and egg hash

M2: Faux sweet & sour chicken with cauli-rice, sugar snap peas

M3: Experimental curry (yesterday's) with mashed cauliflower & coconut milk

So excited to be putting a pork roast and sauerkraut in the crock pot tomorrow!

Day 20! (My younger daughter's 30th birthday!)

M1: Sweet potato, sausage, red pepper and egg hash

M2: Chicken/sausage, snap peas, carrots w/ Sunshine Sauce 

M3: Pork roast w/ sauerkraut, cabbage & apples, decaf coffee w/ coconut milk

Two thirds through. Felt great all weekend, and I think I have enough food to get me through this week and my long weekend away. I ordered some Epic bars to take with, as I don't have much control over the schedule. Hopefully, there isn't much scheduled at all! I thought about Lara bars, but decided that would be asking for trouble, so cancelled the order almost immediately. Sometimes, I'm a fricken genius!! 

Day 19!

M1: Sweet potato, sausage, red pepper and egg hash

M2: Faux sweet & sour chicken with cauli-rice, sugar snap peas

M3: Experimental curry (yesterday's) with mashed cauliflower & coconut milk

So excited to be putting a pork roast and sauerkraut in the crock pot tomorrow!

OK... you piqued my interest.....how do you make your "Faux sweet & sour chicken"?  It should delish.

OK... you piqued my interest.....how do you make your "Faux sweet & sour chicken"?  It should delish.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as "delish" but it didn't suck! LOL It was peppers & pineapple, chicken (tossed in frozen), and a can of compliant tomato paste thinned out with water. I have always had good luck just tossing stuff in the crock pot. 

HOW WERE THE BEETS???

Day 22:

M1: Brunch casserole, sugar snap peas

M3: Pork tenderloin in EVOO, green beans w/ butter, sweet potato w/ butter & coconut milk

Dinner was SO good, and I have leftovers for tomorrow, plus enough pork for tomorrow's salad at the staff meeting. Now I just need to get everything together before bed!

Day 24!!

M1: 4 egg omlet with a crap-ton of veggies cooked in ghee

M2 and the next three days after that: pork roast & sauerkraut, chicken w/ tomatoes, peppers & pineapple, spaghetti squash w/ meat sauce, W30 chili, pears, snap peas, red pepper, salad w/ EVOO & ACV, possibly some Epic bars and maybe a Larabar. Water, LaCroix

Northwoods, here I come!

Days 25-28!

Stuck to compliant foods all weekend! I explained the process to a couple of people I met over the weekend, and there was some interest, and some skepticism. I'm ok with that. I'm a believer. Found out that there might be just ONE compliant food in a gas station convenience store: Pistachios! 

Day 29!

M1: Breakfast casserole, apple

M2: Pork roast, sauerkraut, mashed cauliflower w/ coconut milk

M3: Beef with "buffalo sauce" (Franks hot sauce & clarified butter), mashed cauliflower w/ coconut milk

Wow. My Whole30 is over, but the lifestyle will continue. And I will do another W30 in January in case there is any clean-up needed after the holidays. And even if there is no clean-up needed, it seems like a good way to start the new year (although not much will change during the next three months, as I plan to continue eating the way I'm eating). 

Archived