Started on 24 Aug!

czaja

Hello all,

I am on day 4. My diet was pretty good prior to the first day. I DID give up a little whole milk in my morning coffee! Also spent a couple of weeks cutting back on the coffee amount. By the 24th I was on day 5 of drinking it black and cut down from the pot saying 10 cups to about 7.

Doing well on the food planning. Snacks are hard. I LOVE salt. Chips, popcorn (no butter just SALT), veggies with salt... You get the idea. Eating more fruit and snacking on cut up veggies.

Drinking water all night is a drag. I miss beer. Good beer, not the crap that sells as beer in a lot of places. Good, local, small batch, walk to the brewery beer. A rye IPA sounds like heaven right about now.

4 days without one is the longest I have gone in over 2 years.

Cooking is a fun activity for me, so eating out of boxes, cans, or the freezer is not something I do. 

Looking forward to the rest of my 30 days. My resolve is big, my mind is set, and I will succeed!

I'm starting on Sept. 1, and I will miss beer, and having cream in my coffee. But I believe it will be worth it! There is so much awesome information on this forum for us newbies. Your "I will succeed" attitude will be a big help in the process!

You miss beer. I miss wine. This is the longest I've gone sans alcohol (I'm on Day 27) since I was pregnant with my youngest -- 14 years ago!

But I haven't touched a drop. I want a glass terribly, but I committed on August 1, and I'm seeing this through 'til August 30.

Good luck!

Big headache. :(   Better now after a glass of water.  Welcome to day 5!

Put a $30 roast in the crockpot last night. Woke up thinking it did not smell as good as usual in the house. Well someone (me!) put it on warm, not low.

Can I still eat it? The internal temp after 10 hours was at 140.

Hello all,

I am on day 4. My diet was pretty good prior to the first day. I DID give up a little whole milk in my morning coffee! Also spent a couple of weeks cutting back on the coffee amount. By the 24th I was on day 5 of drinking it black and cut down from the pot saying 10 cups to about 7.

Doing well on the food planning. Snacks are hard. I LOVE salt. Chips, popcorn (no butter just SALT), veggies with salt... You get the idea. Eating more fruit and snacking on cut up veggies.

Drinking water all night is a drag. I miss beer. Good beer, not the crap that sells as beer in a lot of places. Good, local, small batch, walk to the brewery beer. A rye IPA sounds like heaven right about now.

4 days without one is the longest I have gone in over 2 years.

Cooking is a fun activity for me, so eating out of boxes, cans, or the freezer is not something I do. 

Looking forward to the rest of my 30 days. My resolve is big, my mind is set, and I will succeed!

Welcome to the Whole30! Sounds like you have made some really positive changes already! One thing I would note is that we recommend eliminating snacking as much as possible while on Whole30 for best results. To be clear...it will still be a Whole30 if you snack on compliant foods, but you might have better results if you stick to 3 template meals a day with pre/post workout meals as needed. Your meals should be large enough to get your 4-5 hours just fine. If you absolutely need to eat between meals (hungry enough to eat something super bland and boring) we recommend getting at least 2 groups (protein, veg, fat) in your mini meal. Try to only have fruit as part of or immediately after a meal as it will have less of an effect on your blood sugar that way.

Big headache. :(   Better now after a glass of water.  Welcome to day 5!

Put a $30 roast in the crockpot last night. Woke up thinking it did not smell as good as usual in the house. Well someone (me!) put it on warm, not low.

Can I still eat it? The internal temp after 10 hours was at 140.

That totally stinks. I personally would probably not eat it. :(

My work week is set for lunch at 1130. I get home around 1730is, some days later. That is when I want a snack. The dog is walked for half an hour when I get home. Dinner is after that, close to 1900. I have never had blood sugar issues. My major health concern is low blood pressure.

Made it to the weekend! Another roast is ready for the slow cooker. One expensive lesson learned.

I do fine on the veggie and meat eating, it is the fat that I need to work on adding. Bought a few avocados

to use.

Archived