Constipated?

Early on in my pregnancy, I needed a laxative every few days.  Your body is producing higher levels of progesterone and that can slow down the muscles that move your intestines to create bowel movements.  No amount of veggies/fruits/water would get things moving.  I also tried fiber supplements to no avail.  

My recommendation for a specific laxative at this stage is Dulcolax as it is a stimulant laxative.  I don't know how that complies with Whole 30, but WebMD is telling me that prunes are also a stimulant laxative, so maybe give those a whirl.

My magnesium supplement was huge for keeping my body going during my first trimester. Are you taking any kind of magnesium? It also can help with the muscle spasms that some pregnant ladies get (the other thing to help with those is iron). Upping your fat might also help, or since you've done several Whole 30s and know how various foods affect you, you can make the choice if the cereal you had during your last pregnancies is an acceptable compromise until you get to feeling a bit more normal.

Archived