Bowel changes?? Anyone else?

jrnewcomb

Today is Day 27 for me. I am a medical provider and decided to do the Whole30 to see about decreasing bloat, sugar cravings, stress eating and help with my acne which I believe is related to hormone imbalance and systemic inflammation.

I noted over the past two days that there have been oil droplets in my stool. It was somewhat alarming today. I did some research through my resources and found that it could be from not enough veggies (I swear I eat as much as possible), eating nuts or malabsorption. I have been eating macadamia nuts and hazelnuts.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, please give me insight. I start my reintroduction on Wednesday and if this could be malabsorprtion, the trial of gluten could be interesting. If it's persistent, I will see my PCP also.

Thoughts?

As someone who has had to monitor my youngest son's stools since his very early days I was always told that an oily film in the water was from fat.

You say you've been eating macadamias & hazelnuts - how often have you been eating them? Nuts are notoriously hard on the digestive system and I'd suspect that an excess of nuts may be your culprit....

Based on my research, that was my thought too. I eat them maybe once per day but sometimes more if I am in between meals or have a delay getting home for dinner at work to hold me over until I can make my dinner. That is my suspicion as well. I will back off on the nuts and see if that improves my bowel movements. Thanks!

Yep, we'd recommend that nuts are eaten only in moderation - maybe only every few days or so.... Cut them out & hopefully things will settle down for you, and in the mean time be sure to drink plenty of water.

Archived