Planning Baby Shower

marvlousthings

Hi all!

I am new to the forum and new to the program but it has already changed my life and the way I look at cooking!!!

I am planning a baby shower for my sister's first pregnancy! We are doing an "Under the Sea/Nautical" theme and we are going to cook all of the food (lunchtime). We are thinking an assorted batch of sandwiches, a salad from a local Italian eatery, some fruit, deviled eggs, and individual bags of chips.

The baby shower was in the works before I knew I was going to start Whole30. I've been really public on social media about my journey (I'm on day 11) so now I am thinking it would be a great opportunity to make a dish or two that are Whole30 compliant, and mark it on the food label/tag!

Compliant tuna salad is an option, or maybe compliant protein salad. I'm looking for things that are fairly low maintenance.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!! 

Instead of making sandwiches, why not put everything out separately with rolls ( for those who want an actual sandwich) as a make your own sandwich spread? You could include compliant items like meatballs, grilled/roasted chicken, protein salad, tuna salad, which someone on a whole30 could just have on a plate or over the salad. Also, make sure you have them put the dressing in the side if you are ordering the salad from somewhere so you can add a side container of compliant dressing, like the Whole30 Ranch, or a simple balsamic vinaigrette.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived