Fun Fat Ideas?

Trixela

I am about to start Whole 30 for my first time! One thing I am worried about is losing weight. I DON'T want to lose weight. I am 6'1" and weight 140 lbs, more or less. Does anyone have good suggestions for consuming fats while on the program? What are your favorites?

Here's an article on how to encourage weight maintenance while on the Whole30: http://whole30.com/2013/12/keeping-weight-whole30/

Also, take the time to review the meal template (found here) and make a mental note that you probably need to eat on the upper end of the template. That means aiming for 2 portions of protein and fat per meal or even more as your appetite allows. More frequent carbohydrate portions will also help you maintain weight, but you'll have to experiment a little with how often and how much to figure out makes your body happy.

The meal template has lots of examples/ideas for incorporating fat into your meals. You can also look into recipes for mayo and fat-based sauces which will add some fun and interesting flavors.

Archived