Nursing a 4-month-old

Hi everyone. Today is day 3 of my first Whole30 and I woke up feeling shaky and so incredibly nauseated! I had eggs and zucchini for breakfast and had to lie down or I was going to fall over.

After lying down with baby for an hour i was still feeling awful so I caved and made a smoothie with banana, almond butter and almond milk. Not on plan at all. But I had to get in the car to drive and get my 3-year-old from school and was honestly terrified to drive if I didn't get my body regulated. After my smoothie, I felt instantly better.

So, now what do I do? Having very small children and going through horrible withdrawals is tough.

My diet before was very SAD, so maybe I need to do general Paleo for a few weeks and then try a Whole30 again? I really want to break my sugar/wheat addiction but I can't do that again!

I guess next time I need to plan for day 3 to land on a Saturday so my hubby is around in case that happens again.

Thoughts? Thanks!!

Someone more knowledgable will weigh in, but you might look at adding more compliant carbs to your day (I don't really know what you are eating, so this is a shot in the dark).

Your banana would be fine with almond butter (you can make fun little sandwiches). Nuts aren't perfect, but they aren't frankenfood either.

Or maybe eat some sweet potato, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, pumpkin... or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow-up on this post, even though it's a bit late. I ended up not restarting the Whole30 right away. I took a couple weeks to follow a basic Paleo, not quite as strict as Whole30. So... I'm starting Whole30 again tomorrow. I'm feeling better prepared this time. There were no binges on crap food in the past few days to "get ready." So I think I may not have quite as a severe reaction this time. ::hopefully::!

Archived