DAY 31 AND COUNTING.....

NY2LA2MONTREAL

Today is the 31st day of the rest of our lives :)

Mr. Studio City and I woke up feeling great today.  Here is today's food log.....

DAY 31

Breakfast:  Leftover Chicken Caccitore and Spaghetti Squash

Lunch:  Scramble (7 eggs) w/ chopped cauliflower, broccoli, onions, red bell pepper, avocado and 1/2 navel orange

Dinner:  Rainbow trout fried in olive oil, green beans, avocado, mayo and  5 strawberries

Tomorrow Mr. Studio City and I are going out to eat in a restaurant for the first time in 30 days.  We know this restaurant grills steaks and will grill veggies in olive oil if requested and substitute a baked potato for rice,  We are excited venturing out in the REAL WORLD :D

DAY 32

Breakfast:  fried eggs (3/me & 4/hubby), mixed greens, sauteed cauliflower, broccoli, onions red bell pepper & 1 Tbsp mayo

Lunch**:  steak, baked potato, grilled veggies and salad w/olive oil/balsamic vinegar drizzle

Dinner:  can of tuna, large salad (mixed greens, cucumber, tomato, strawberries & a few almonds) w/ olive oil/balsamic vinegar drizzle.

**  Lunch was eaten in a restaurant.  As I stated in my previous post - We asked to have the veggies grilled in olive oil; and the dish originally came with rice and we asked if we could substitute a baked potato (no problem).  It was delish and very filling.   It just so happens I have an organization luncheon at this restaurant on Wed and guess what I am ordering? :rolleyes:

DAY 33 --- Got my haircut today :D  --- a nice way to seal the WHOLE 30.

Breakfast:    MR. STUDIO CITY:  Fried eggs, sauteed veggies and 1/2 sweet potato

NY2LA2MONTREAL:  Larabar**

Lunch:        burgers (1/me & 2/hubby), roasted broccoli and mayo

Dinner:        chicken and green beans

** Mr. Studio City was to wake me up at 7AM so I could prepare breakfast and get ready for my hair appointment.  I also had to take my antibiotics.  They must be taken with food.  BUT.... it never happened.  We overslept and got up at 9:23AM and my appointment (1/2 hour away) was at 10AM.  So, while playing THE WILLIAM TELL OVERTURE in my head....I quickly got ready -- ate the Larabar so I could take my medication and shot out of house like a bat out of hell.  Made it to the appointment 10 min late because of traffic.  Hair looks great and I wasn't hungry.  When I came home...I drank lots of water and then had lunch.

DAY 34 ---

Breakfast:   Fried eggs (3 me/4 hubby), sweet potato, sauteed veggies (onion/pepper & celery), tomato, cucumber & avocado

Lunch:       Paleo chocolate chili, avocado & sweet potato

Dinner:      chicken meatballs & spaghetti squash w/ compliant marinara sauce - some strawberries

DAY 35 ---

Breakfast:   Mr. Studio City:  Fried eggs (3 me/4 hubby), sweet potato, sauteed veggies (onion/pepper & celery), tomato, cucumber & avocado

NY2LA2MONTREAL:  3 hard boiled eggs, 1 tbsp mayo, cut up tomato

Lunch:         Mr. Studio City:  Paleo chocolate chili, avocado & sweet potato

NY2LA2MONTREAL:  Luncheon at restaurant:  steak, baked potato, grilled veggies and salad w/olive oil/balsamic vinegar drizzle

Dinner:        leftover chicken thigh and 2 chicken meatballs & spaghetti squash w/ compliant marinara sauce - some strawberries

I've been meaning to ask - when you have sweet potatoes for breakfast, how are they fixed?

Very easy..... I clean the skin, stab it a million times (okay -  just 5 or 6 times :wacko:  depending on the size of the potato) and wrap up in a paper towel - then put in the microwave for 5-6 min. depending again on the size of the potato.  Then I just let it sit for a minute.  Then slice lengthwise in half and mash the insides.  I eat them plain, but you could put anything you want on them. 

I hope this helps. :)

DAY 36 (September 17, 2015) ---

Breakfast:   Mr. Studio City:  Fried eggs (3 me/4 hubby), sweet potato, sauteed veggies (onion/pepper & celery), tomato, cucumber & avocado

NY2LA2MONTREAL:  3 hard boiled eggs, 1 tbsp mayo, cut up tomato

Lunch:         Mr. Studio City:  Paleo chocolate chili, avocado & sweet potato

Dinner:        Disaster - had an exhausting day (in the midst of moving Mr. Studio City's mom into a senior residence - we were wiped out when returning home and fell asleep in front of TV   -- did not wake up until 10PM -- had a LARABAR (not good but was not about to eat anything else at that hour)

DAY 38 (September 18, 2015) ---

Breakfast:  Leftover Paleo Chocolate Chile, 1/2 avocado and 1/2 sweet potato

Lunch:         Steak, baked potato and grilled veggies

Dinner:        Leftover chicken meatballs (3 each), spaghetti squash w/ marinara sauce and an orange.

TOMORROW IS COOKING DAY.  Have a whole chicken, 12 drumsticks and 2 pounds of ground beef defrosting.  Also bought: fennel, eggplants, beets -- plan on roasting a slew of veggies.  :D

OOooooops.  I counted my days wrong.... Day 38 is September 19, 2015

DAY 38 (September 19, 2015) ---

Breakfast:  fried eggs (3 me/4 hubby) 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 avocado, cucumber and tomato

Lunch:         Salmon fish cakes, cucumber, tomato and mayo

Dinner:        chicken drumsticks made pseudo Nom Nom Paleo style (didn't have the Coconut Aminos or Fish Sauce), spaghetti squash w/ marinara sauce and roasted cauliflower and an apple/w cinnamon..

TODAY WAS COOKING DAY - I made the following:.  1) roasted 12 drumsticks,  2) chocolate paleo chili,  3) Salmon Fish Cakes,  4) roasted  fennel, eggplants, carrots, parsnips and onions.  Still have beets and plantains to cook.  Not sure how I want to cook them :D

DAY 39 (September 20, 2015) ---  TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY AND I FEEL GREAT..... MY HUSBAND TOOK ME OUT FOR LUNCH......

Breakfast:  fried eggs (3 me/4 hubby) 2 salmon fish cakes 1/2 avocado, cucumber and tomato

Lunch:        sirloin steak, baked potato, grilled veggies.  Instead of putting butter on the potato...drizzled EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar (delish)

Then ordered a piece of birthday cake.  The plan was to order one (1) slice with 4 forks and my husband and I would take one (1) bite and send the leftovers home with my mother in law who joined us.  It was an OREO CAKE -- chocolate layer cake with whipped cream layered in between.  I took my fork and very gingerly took a bite and a half.  I savored it to see if I really wanted more and the answer was NO NO.  First of all it didn't taste good and 2nd it gave me a headache and an upset stomach within a few minutes.  It was a WOW moment.  My husband and I don't want it...OMG!!!  I can't believe it.  We would have been all over that cake before WHOLE 30 and today I could care less and it was to celebrate my birthday and it didn't do anything for me -- HOW EXCITING IS THAT!!!!! :D

Dinner:        left over chicken drumsticks made pseudo Nom Nom Paleo style (didn't have the Coconut Aminos or Fish Sauce), roasted eggplant, onions and fennel and strawberries.

TODAY WAS A GREAT "BIRTH" DAY!!!!!!!  IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE ;)

DAY 40 (September 21, 2015) ---  .

Breakfast:  fried eggs (3 me/4 hubby) 2 salmon fish cakes 1/2 avocado, cucumber and tomato

Lunch:        burgers (1 me/2 hubby) grilled onions, baked potato w/ grilled veggies and 1/2 orange

Dinner:       Roast chicken, grilled veggies, roasted  potatoes w/ a few strawberries

DAY 41 (September 22, 2015) ---  .

Breakfast:  Mr. Studio City:  4 fried eggs, sauteed bell pepper, onions, tomato, cucumber, avocado and salsa

NY2LA2MONTREAL:  3 hardboiled eggs chopped w/ tarragon and mayo - baked potato.  (had to run to a dental appointment)

Lunch:       left over roast chicken and roasted potatoes, grilled eggplant, mayo and a few strawberries

Dinner:       Paleo chocolate chili, zoodles (took out the SPIRALIZER for the first time - what fun) sauteed them in garlic and olive oil, 1/2 avocado and 1/2 apple

AMAZING DAY TODAY:   I Went clothes shopping and found out I went down 1 size :D ....how monumental is that?????

DAY 42 (September 23, 2015) ---  and still going strong.

Well its 42 days and I feel I should GET WITH THE PROGRAM and stop calling the meals breakfast, lunch and dinner....so here goes:

M1:       fried eggs (3 me/4 hubby), sauteed onions and peppers, 1/2 avocado, baked potato, tomato and cucumber and a few strawberries

M2:       leftover Paleo chocolate chili, potato ad 1/2 avocado - 1/2 granny smith apple

M3:       4 chicken meatballs, spaghetti squash and greenbeans

DAY 43 (September 24, 2015) ---  and still going strong.

M1:       hard boiled eggs, left over chicken meatballs, 1/2 avocado and sliced cucumber

M2:       leftover Paleo chocolate chili, potato ad 1/2 avocado - 1/2 granny smith apple

M3:       4 chicken meatballs, spaghetti squash and roasted broccoli

DAY 44 (September 24, 2015) ---  and feel terrific

M1:       hard boiled eggs, left over chicken meatballs, 1/2 avocado and sliced cucumber

M2:       Each of us had leftover chicken meatballs (4), roasted cauliflower & broccoli, 1/2 avocado, salsa

M3:       Each of us had a Big salad w/ lettuce,  1 tomato, 1/2 English cucumber, 1 carrot, 4 strawberries, Olive Oil/Balsamic Vinegar dressing.

DAY 45 (September 26, 2015) ---  GREAT DAY!!!  realizing we have to bulk up on more veggies - bought a slew of veggies and spent the day roasting baby carrots, brussel sprouts, grilling eggplant and zucchini.  Still have fennel, broccoli and cauliflower to roast.  Then I will be making ratatoullie with the left over eggplant and zucchini.  -- THIS WILL BE MY WEEKLY PROGRAM FROM NOW ON.

M1:      fried eggs (3 me/4 hubby), tomato, cucumber sauteed onions/peppers, 1/2 avocado

M2:       Salmon fish cakes (2 each), green beans, potato and mayo

M3:       Each of us had a rib steak, roasted brussel sprouts, grilled zucchini and grilled eggplant (veggies grilled in lots of EVOO so no need for extra fat)

NOTE:  DAY 44 ABOVE SHOULD BE SEPT 25TH

DAY 46 (September 27, 2015) --- What a wonderful day. 

M1:      fried eggs (3 me/4 hubby), tomato, cucumber sauteed onions/peppers, 1/2 avocado

M2:       Salmon fish cakes (2 each), grilled zucchini & grilled eggplant and 1/2 apple.

M3:  My stepson (Mr. Studio City's son) and his girlfriend invited us over for dinner to celebrate Mr. Studio City and my birthdays.  They kept asking us what we could eat.  I know they wanted to make something festive with a decadent dessert but we told them: NO WINE, NO SUGAR, NO BEANS (including vegetable oil), NO GRAINS and NO DAIRY.  They listened and looked up on WHOLE 30.COM what we COULD EAT and presented us with the following DELISH meal:

Roast beef, roasted sweet potatoes, and broccoli and mayo (I made and brought home made mayo to enjoy with the meal and it was enthusiastically received.  I just emailed the recipe to them.) with sliced pineapple and black coffee.

They were very impressed with our progress and commitment to the WHOLE 30.  We are blessed to have these two wonderful, thoughtful people in our lives.  In 8 min. it will be Mr. Studio City's birthday - and what a special birthday it is....a very HAPPY AND HEALTHY ONE!!!!!  No cake needed :D ....

This is awesome to read!  Congrats on all your progress so far.  And not having cake on a birthday is a HUGE one, especially in social situation with a family.  Yay for you!

From the day I started (September 23) it will be about 46 days until my husband and I have our honeymoon (we're going a bit after we got married, which was earlier this month).  I was thinking of doing Whole30 until the very day we take off, but that wouldn't give me time to do a reintroduction period.  So, I'm going to complete this Whole30 on October 22, do the reintroduction, and then start a new Whole 30 when we get back.

This is awesome to read!  Congrats on all your progress so far.  And not having cake on a birthday is a HUGE one, especially in social situation with a family.  Yay for you!

From the day I started (September 23) it will be about 46 days until my husband and I have our honeymoon (we're going a bit after we got married, which was earlier this month).  I was thinking of doing Whole30 until the very day we take off, but that wouldn't give me time to do a reintroduction period.  So, I'm going to complete this Whole30 on October 22, do the reintroduction, and then start a new Whole 30 when we get back.

Congrats on your wedding. 

My husband and I have a wedding to go to in October.  We will be compliant until then.  Then we will make very strategic decisions.  Our reintro will be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slow.  We really DO NOT MISS the foods we eliminated.  We will be in the states a week after the wedding (in Delaware) and will watch what we eat.  -- When we come home we will jump back onto the saddle.  WE LOVE THE FOOD WE ARE EATING.

DAY 47 (September 28, 2015) --- What a wonderful day.  Mr. Studio City's birthday

Started our new drawing class this morning, then went to get my NEW (2 size smaller) jeans shortened, then picked my mother in law up to go eat lunch out and celebrate my hubby's birthday.

M1:      2 hard boiled eggs, 2 salmon fishcakes, grilled veggies (eggplant, zucchine & brussel sprouts)

M2:      Steak, baked potato and grilled vegetables.  Complimentary b'day cake given to mother in law to take home

M3:      chicken drumsticks, grilled veggies (eggplant, carrots, brussel sprouts)

DAY 48 (September 29, 2015) --- Very busy day.....

Had to be at my mother in law's very early this morning to pack up the car with items to be moved into her new residence, then we had to be at the residence and wait for delivery from IKEA for pieces of furniture to be delivered between 1 and 5PM...they didn't arrive until 5:15 PM.  Packed a compliant lunch and waited -- once delivery was made we assembled everything but 3 chairs --- tomorrow is another day.

M1:      Mr. Studio City    4 fried eggs, sauteed veggies

NY2LA2MONTREAL  2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 salmon fishcakes, grilled veggies (eggplant, zucchine & brussel sprouts)

M2:      chicken drumsticks, cucumber, tomato & sliced bell pepper

M3:      Exhausted after waiting and assembling furniture --- ate at restaurant:  Steak, baked potato and grilled vegetables.

DAY 49 (September 30, 2015) --- As Yogi Berra used to say...."It's Deja Vu all over again"

Had to be at my mother in law's very early this morning to wait for St Vincent de Paul to pick up the furniture my mother in law is NOT taking to her new residence.  We were going to hold back her night tables and chest of drawers and donate her dresser w/huge mirror along with the head and foot boards, a wall unit, 2 chairs, beautiful wood end table, kitchenette set --- BIG SURPRISE -- they would ONLY take the complete bedroom set or nothing at all.  This did not sit well with my mother in law...but we convinced her it was for a good cause.  So we took her to IKEA to pick out bedroom furniture.  IKEA said they would deliver between 5 & 9PM tonight - we completed the remaining 4 chairs while we waited and when the new furniture arrived -- Mr. Studio City started assembling (he wants a TShirt that says "IKEA ASSEMBLYMAN" :DOne box did not contain any hardware -- so tomorrow it is back to IKEA for the missing hardware.

Today was stressful.  First of all to see my mother in law upset was unnerving considering she is so excited about moving and up until this "BIG SURPRISE" she has been nothing but a happy participant.  So we were unprepared food wise for dinner and I felt really bad.  I had some nibbles (sliced cucumber, bell peppers and tomato) and we didn't get home until late.  I had a larabar to sustain me until we got home...but Mr. Studio City would not.

When we got home, I had a hard boiled egg w/mayo --- Mr. Studio City made a compliant concoction.

M1:     burgers (1/me - 2/hubby) cucumber and tomato and 1/2 avocado

M2:      leftover spaghetti squash and chicken meatballs

Snack (NY2LA2MONTREAL) - Larabar :wacko:

M3:       Mr. Studio City:  Eggs sauteed onions and plantains

NY2LA2MONTREAL - hardboiled egg and mayo

Tomorrow we finish assembling furniture

DAY 50 (October 1, 2015) --- WHO'D A THUNK????   50 DAYS - NO SUGAR, DAIRY, GRAINS AND BEANS

Today we went directly to my mother in laws new apartment to finish assembling her bedroom furniture.  I wanted to make sure we had enough food to get us to dinner.  Packed up the tea kettle (so we could have coffee), cut up cucumber, tomato and bell peppers, packed mixed greens, big can of salmon and hard boiled eggs and 2 oranges.

Me. Studio City was assembling furniture from 2PM to 7:30PM.  It looks beautiful -- Now tomorrow we bring over everything that is NOT going on the moving truck so it is safe and out of the way.  We plan on taking 2 cars to get everything over in hopefully 2 trips.

THEN SATURDAY -- it is moving day for my mother in law -- she is excited and so are we.

M1:     scambled eggs (8) w/onions and avocado - tomato and cucumber

M2:     salad w/ mixed greens, canned salmon, hardboiled eggs, cucumber, tomato and bell pepper and orange

M3:     red trout, green beans and baked potato

Tonight after dinner and while watching the Montreal Canadiens lose :( - I made a batch of chocolate chili and roasted a chicken so we will have food tomorrow  :D 

Archived