Birthday on Day 32 interfering with reintro, looking for suggestions.

Saree_maree

I am on currently on Day 21 and feeling great, and I'm starting to think about the reintroduction phase. I had planned my Whole30 (now very unwisely, I see) to finish right before my birthday, thinking I could then go out and celebrate guilt free (or something like that, now I'm honestly not too sure what my exact thought process was!). But, as I have read and learned more over the last three weeks I am beginning to understand the that the true value of the program lies not in the 30 days but in what comes after, and I don't want to mess it all up and lose my opportunity to learn about my personal food tolerances.

So I'll be finished on September 24. My birthday is September 26. Every year on my birthday weekend my boyfriend and I have a "staycation" at a local beach resort, so I will be eating out of the house for almost every meal on the 26th and 27th, however, it will be at local restaurants where I know I will be able to get compliant food with the exception of added sugars in sauces, salad dressings, bacon, etc. (should I choose to have those items as opposed to ordering everything plain/dry). The only "food" item I really, really want to indulge in on my birthday is alcohol. And I will want to drink both days.

So I guess my question is, would it be okay to reintro sugar (as an ingredient in savory foods ONLY, not in dessert-type foods) AND alcohol on days 32 AND 33, then go back to Whole30 eating for a couple of days after the weekend and do the rest of my reintroductions? Or will I have to do another complete Whole30 after my birthday weekend is over and start from scratch?

So I guess my question is, would it be okay to reintro sugar (as an ingredient in savory foods ONLY, not in dessert-type foods) AND alcohol on days 32 AND 33, then go back to Whole30 eating for a couple of days after the weekend and do the rest of my reintroductions? Or will I have to do another complete Whole30 after my birthday weekend is over and start from scratch?

Yes, you could selectively "off road" on days 32 and 33, resume 100% Whole30 eating until you feel as well as you did on day 31, and then resume your reintroductions at that point.

Happy early Birthday!

Archived