mfustos

So, I am starting my second W30 - it was going to be a just keep going after my first W30 was completed on Sept 5, but my birthday was there and then a 3-day conference (which is when my eating fell completely off a cliff and crashed and burned). So... I am starting back in today with the hope to get back on track and continue the progress I had been making after my first W30. I am looking for continued relief from my anxiety symptoms (brain fog, light-headed, mental exhaustion) and relief for my muscle and knee/hip pain as well as frequent headaches. Most all of my physical symptoms I suspect are triggered or worsened by the ever tense and anxious state my body has fallen in to for the past several years. Anxiety releases adrenalin, causes the body to tense up (especially in the jaw area for me) creating trigger points in muscles and tension in other parts of the body you might not even think about. 

My anxious brain loop creates the physical symptoms, which create more anxiety, which creates more physical symptoms...and on and on. It is my hope that since my anxiety and physical symptoms were helped by W30 eating, that I can gain more relief after 60 - 100 more days of eating this way.

So the content in this log will be more of how I feel with my body pains and anxiety and not about what foods I am eating. It is essentially the same exact thing that I ate in my first W30. 

I am on Day 3 of round 2 and also trying a new neurofeedback technique with one of my previous psychologist. I have had great success with the LENS technique we tried over 2 years ago reducing my obsessive thoughts and anxiety, so I am hoping this will assist my nutritional alterations in my recovery. 

This far, my face is clearing up quite quickly from the "bad eating week" I had last week. My head is pretty achey and just pressure-filled feeling, but I am wondering if that is partially from the changing weather patterns we are having here and the fact that my period is scheduled to show up any day now. I am interested to see what the difference will be in this round of my cycle. 

Stay tuned!

Day 6 of W30 #2

My 2nd whole 30 is going very well...definitely not as much detox symptoms as the first go around. My nerufeedback for my anxiety is also going well and I have seem some very promising results from the 1st two sessions. My anxiety, brain fog and other physical symptoms have decreased SUBSTANTIALLY and I have actually had extended periods (several hours) of calm. It's like being on vacation from my mind. I am also starting to feel more present in my life and less like a spectator, which is a HUGE deal as well.  

Energy is still increasing and I am feeling more satisfied between meals for longer amounts of time. I can feel the tiger blood coming (i hope). 

Day 7 of W30 #2

Went in for another neurofeedback treatment today. Cranked up the frequency to try and get rid of a headache, which has resulted in more anxiety this afternoon along with brain fog, twitchy eye, eye jumping and vertigo. My head hurts, like when your sinuses feel like there is pressure in them and your eyes are really tired and strained. All those muscles; however, connect to each other and are influenced by jaw clenching...which when stressed, people tend to do a lot and not even know. Hmm... coincidence? I think not. I am trying to figure out now if my headaches are due to weather pattern shifts or what. I am almost ready to just accept the fact that I may have to live with them for the rest of my life. I am still hoping that the combination of neurofeedback and another W30 will magically get rid of the inflammation that is obviously going on in my body and triggering these headaches...they aren't even really trying to disguise themselves either, my eyes and sinuses feel inflamed. I have been to both an eye doc and ENT and my passages and eyeballs are perfectly fine...that only leaves "THE INFLAMMATION". 

Anyone that has had this happen to them, I would love to hear any advise you may have. 

Otherwise...keep you posted.:)

Day 14 of W30 #2

Today is day 14 of my second W30 and not unlike the first round, the newness and excitement of the program has worn off. 

My one epiphany is that too many almonds will make my face breakout. In a moment of desperation last Friday, I ate a couple handfuls of almonds b/c I had no food with me and was starting the sugar dip that was leaving me agitated and slightly panicked at what I was going to nourish my body with. Starting about Sunday I was breaking out much more than normal...only changing factor was the almonds. 

My muscles are starting to feel better...although I have also started doing yoga stretches especially to open my hips and reenergize my gallbladder and liver (studying some Chinese medicine) which, when stagnant, can result in anger, depression, anxiety and pensiveness. Not sure what is helping me more, the new neurofeedback, the stretching, the food, or a combo of all three...but I am starting to slowly feel better. My hips are opening up much more and I have getting more flexibility throughout my back, hamstrings, neck and hips. They say people tend to hold a ton of emotions in their hips - which explains when I get a really good hip-opener going I almost cry from emotion.

The take aways are: keep eating W30 - stay away from nuts - keep doing the neurofeedback - keep stretching EVERY DAY! 

Archived