W30 #4!!! Started 9/14/15

Riana J

Hello! I am starting my fourth Whole 30. I have not done a Whole 30 in about a year and a half so I am expecting it to be quite challenging. However I have hit the point where nothing will stop me! I expect to cheat on my birthday party for some drinks, but that doesn't bother me nor will it throw me off. My goal is to make the first 20 days no problem and then to keep it going after my birthday. I am going to log my progress here and how I feel.

9/14 - Day 1

Pre-W/o: 1 Scrambled egg in coconut oil; 1 tbsp of carrot and sweet potato mash

Post-W/o: 1 scrambled egg in coconut oil; 2 tbsp of kimchi

Iced green tea

Lunch: spinach salad with grapefruit; piece of salmon baked in Ghee, lemon juice, dil, salt and pepper

Snack: pistachios

Dinner: Ground beef with salsa; guacamole; plantain chips; sweet potato and carrot mash

After-Dinner Snack: Apple with raw chia seed almond butter

I felt really in control. My boyfriend had a tortilla with dinner (as a "taco/burrito") and i wasn't tempted. I got a really bad headache that lasted from before dinner until after and had to take 2 doses of ibuprofen throughout the evening. I was very tired too and went to bed at 9:30PM.

9/15 - Day 2

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs in coconut oil; guacamole; spinach 

Mid-Day Meal: RealSticks (turkey) and a serving of almonds

Lunch: Spinach salad with grapefruit; piece of salmon; carrot and sweet potato mash

Mid-Day Meal: RealSticks (turkey) and a serving of almonds

Dinner: going out for dinner; seltzer with lime, tuna sashimi; branzino with asparagus

I woke up feeling better. No headache. I am starting to dislike the taste of scrambled eggs with coconut oil, though. I will need to start cooking them in another oil. Yuck! I am a little anxious about going out for dinner but I've reviewed the menu multiple times and I think what I have chosen to eat is a good choice.

Dinner went really well! It was delicious and I didn't need my after-dinner apple afterwards.

Today: 

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs in olive oil topped with salsa; side of baby carrots; black iced coffee

Mid-Day Meal: Almonds, baby carrots and string beans

Lunch: Hu Kitchen: root vegetable mash with ground beef

Dinner: Kale salad with grilled chicken

Can't believe 3 days are nearly done! Feeling good.

Woo Day 4! Last night went great. I enjoyed the kale salad and ate the whole thing which is pretty rare since I don't love undressed greens. I ate sweet potato tots when I got home.

Day 4:

Breakfast: Apple with raw chia seed almond butter and iced coffee with almond milk

Mid-Day Snack: Almonds

Lunch: Leftover Hu kitchen sweet potato and root mash with ground beef

Snack 2: Almonds; smoothie with pumpkin, almond butter, almond milk, sea salt and pumpkin spice

Dinner: (excited to make this) spaghetti squash pad thai with chicken and broccoli; spinach salad

Feeling tired. I woke up craving dark chocolate peanut butter cups O_O. I've craved them for sure throughout the day before, but not at 7:45AM! Sheesh. My legs are also very sore from working out. If I do workout tomorrow, it will just be a yoga workout, I think. I need my energy! My boyfriend loved the spaghetti squash pad thai and even the paleo chicken nuggets. It was really funny actually because I wasn't expecting him to like them that much!

Day 5:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with avocado and bacon; green tea

Lunch: Leftover spaghetti squash pad thai with chicken nuggets (made with almond and coconut flour)

Dinner: Kale salad with pears, pinenuts and mushrooms; tuna steak with baby spinach

Archived