Pork al pastor tacos?

vickie0326

Hi all -

My co-workers just changed the restaurant we're meeting at for dinner at the last minute! Eek. I was all ready for the other one. They chose a Mexican restaurant with a lot of taco options. There is only one salad (a wedge - random) ... my question is if a pork al pastor taco (minus the tortilla, obviously) would be ok. From my understanding, pork al pastor is usually marinated in chiles and spices and then grilled on a vertical spit. Pineapple and onions on top should be ok, right? Thoughts? Or suggestions for better options? I could just skip abd go home to have dinner, but I don't want the Whole30 to negatively affect my social life!

• Moderators

You'd really need to find out from the restaurant how they make them. If there's no sugar/sweeteners or soy or other off plan ingredients in the marinade or seasonings, then that should be okay -- but you'll have to ask them how they make them, not just depend on how they're usually made.

Those or fajitas are probably your best bets, but you'll just have to talk to the restaurant and find out the details. If you have time, it may be easiest to call ahead and talk to someone, rather than trying to grill your waiter once you get there.

Archived