New Found Love for Sweet Potatoes (Day 2 Completed)

Renee626

Off with Day 3 I'm feeling like I CAN DO THIS but when will this energy kick in? I feel SO EXHAUSTED! I have come to realize I'm a big snacker and yes I love SWEETS not candy bars for ex: strawberries and whip cream top with dark chocolate chips yummm but I've been controlling my sweet tooth with sweet potatoes and IT WORKS!! Oh well enough blabbering off to tackle DAY 3!!

Sweet potatoes are great, but they WILL continue to feed your Sugar Dragon, and if you lead a sedentary lifestyle or have blood sugar issues they should be eaten in moderation.

If you really want to show that Sugar Dragon who is boss reach for some fat every time you have a craving that won't pass. Some olives, a spoonful of coconut oil.... Only fat & protein will stamp out those sugar cravings - nothing else.

I dont eat meat my options are very limited :( I dont live a sendetary lifestyle I'm currently running 3-6 miles a day, doing Insanity, and Lifting. Protein is very difficult for me as right now I usually have a plain veggie burger, protein shake, veggie bacon etc but thats not allowed I don't THINK so I've been trying to fuel off potatoes eggs LOTS of veggies of course, and limited nuts...any suggestions for other ways to get protein?

Nuts are actually a fat source on Whole30, not a protein. Potatoes of all varieties are carbs.

Do you eat fish? There are all kinds of varieties, and tinned fish like sardines, tuna, mackerel & salmon can be fairly economical and used in many ways - fish cakes, salads, fried, chowder etc.

For the cravings - a fat on it's own will do perfectly fine - olives, mayo, oil of any kind, avocado, coconut milk/cream/flakes, lard, tallow, schmaltz....

Just be wary of relying too heavily on nuts as a fat source as they can be particularly hard on the digestive system and have a poor omega 3:6 ratio.

Oh, and drink plenty of water! A half an ounce per pound of body weight is the daily recommendation   :)

ETA: Veggie burgers/bacon would be out as they would be processed & most likely contain soy. Protein shakes also contain off plan ingredients.

Archived