My legs are machines.

Snappy Shark

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I had to share my elation with my new, strong body. I had an absolutely amazing workout last night. I ran faster than I ever have in my entire life, and I felt like I could have kept going for hours.

I'm on Day 28 and while I still have some residual gut discomfort that I've posted about on here elsewhere, I am simply astounded by my energy levels, which are THROUGH THE ROOF. I've generally been keeping a distance running regiment for the past few years, putting in 20-30 miles per week. I took a little break from running when I started the Whole30 to allow my body to transition to fat-burning land and am just starting to ease back into it now. My run last night was, simply, the best I've ever had in my life - I could not believe how strong my legs felt. I'm sure I looked like a fool grinning to myself on the treadmill!

I just wanted to say that eating Good Food works, and I am thrilled about my new life as a stronger, healthier athlete and person. :D

Snappy Shark - I just finished my W30 on Friday, and I've had a similar experience with running. I've been a runner for about 4 years and during the last couple weeks of W30 I ran my fastest-ever 5k, plus felt better on my long-distance runs than I ever have before! I'm training for an October 10-mile race after not doing much distance running over the summer, and my 8.5 mile run this morning was fantastic - never once felt like I was going to run out of energy. Plus, I know that the Saturday morning distance run isn't going to sap my energy for the rest of the day -- I have plenty of energy for all the other things I need to do. It's great!

HI Emily! I'm glad to hear that your runs are shaping up too! I decided to opt out of a half-marathon I was considering in October (transitioning to fat burning has taken me a while and I know I lost too many weeks of training while I was taking it easy), but I am taking this opportunity to join a CrossFit gym and set my sights on a race in the springtime. I hope your 10-miler goes great! Happy trails. =)

Archived