Priscilla's Whole 30

Priscilla

Starting Monday Oct12

Meanwhile I'm getting my kitchen ready - clearing out the foods I'll be eliminating and stocking up on what I'll need to be successful.  The website and forum are filled with info, so looks like I can easliy figure out how to get started.  I'll pick up a copy of the Whole 30 book to get more info and recipes. 

What is my why?  I need to clean up my eating and improve my health.  I'm doing great with the excercise part of the equation, but haven't been doing all that great with the eating part.  I have been working out 4-5x/per week for about 4 months, but haven't lost weight.  When I tried to restrict my calories, I go crazy after a few days and want to eat everything in sight.  Bad cravings seem to get worse when I restrict.  This approach is not working for me.  Seems like the Whole 30 would good way to get my eating priorities in line with being more healthy.  Staying off the scale will be hard, I think I'm hooked on it too - although weighing myself all the time hasn't helped me lose weight either.

Gearing up - I'll check in tomorrow with my progress. 

Day 1 - Tuesday 10/13/15

I didn't get started until today - The book arrived today and I used it to decide on a few simple meals and go shopping.

Pre-workout/Breakfast - Scrambled eggs using coconut oil for the fat + 1/2 avocado

Workout - Elliptical 12 minutes, free weights 15 minutes, pilates core fusion class

Coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch - spinach salad, onion, vinegar and oil dressing, tuna, 1/2 apple

Dinner - spinach and arugala salad with tomato, onion, vinegar and oil dressing, chicken breast.

Snack - a few walnuts + 1/2 apple + raspberries

Felt good, some cravings since I went in the coffee shop and saw the pastries.  I passed on them and was fine.

Day 2 cont.

Lunch - Protein Salad with chicken, onion, celery, mayo over a bed of spinach and arugula

Snack - four olives, four walnuts, iced tea

Dinner -Shrimp with Romanesca Sauce over zucchini "noodles"

Recipes from the Whole 30 book.

Seemed like meals were filling, but I got pretty hungry in between.

• Moderators

If you're getting hungry between meals, play with adding more to meals. Maybe in your salads, add some more dense vegetables in addition to your leafy greens -- add some jicama, beets, broccoli, or roasted sweet potatoes to your salad. Adding more fat may help keep you satisfied longer as well. And make sure your protein serving is at least a palm-sized portion. For me, I know shrimp can be less filling than other protein sources, so you may need more than you think you do when you have them.

It also doesn't look like you're eating many starchy vegetables -- most people find they feel best when they have a fist-sized portion of them each day, plus they may help you feel full longer.

Day 3- Thursday 10/15

8 am Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs, banana. Boring

9 am workout - elliptical 10 min + weight training 40 min

Coffee with coconut milk

1 pm leftover protein salad + 1/2 avocado, 1/2 sweet potato, spinach

Less hunger, less cravings.

Plan for dinner - leftover shrimp over zucchini "noodles", broccoli

Day 4 - Friday 10/16

Breakfast 2 eggs, 1/2 sweet potato, coffee with coconut milk

Workout TRX class+ Roll, release, relax

Lunch - large salad with romaine lettuce, artichoke, onion, tomato, hard boiled egg, Olive oil and vinegar dressing, leftover chicken salad

Snack - cashews

Felt tired. Took a 1/2 hour nap

Dinner - shrimp with zucchini noodles and romesca sauce

Archived